lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
mike w
Not Yet Wild

Default Plowman or any aftermarket exhaust

I posted on here before my exhaust is getting really hot. I did the bbq of the muffler. I still have the issue. I have read on plowmans that a clogged exhaust can cause this. The cart runs 21 mph on my gps on my phone Has anyone bought the plowman exhaust or any other aftermarket exhaust ? I would like to hear your feed back. Thanks Mike
mike w is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2016, 12:21 PM   #2
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Default Re: Plowman or any aftermarket exhaust

I 2nd this notion as plowmans geys 1 more hp, im very concerned about sound and price.
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:23 PM   #3
87cartny
Not Yet Wild

I have a plowmans muffler on my g29, it's just a little louder than stock, as far a hp I'm not sure because I made a bunch of changes at once, it's runs 33 mph so far
87cartny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:40 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

What cart? G1 2 stroke its common to plug exhaust up, but other carts have a big problem to cause it or it never happens.

I've never seen anything that made more power on the older carts. Plowmans has some kits for the newer carts the 357 that run good but the older G9/etc only thing I know is get a custom cam made for them. That is why so many put clones in them, you can do that for less than a rebuild and have much more power and a new engine. If you need a muffler that is fine, but don't count on anything making a difference you can notice. I mean everything helps yes, but one thing helps very little is what tends to happen.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:09 PM   #5
mike w
Not Yet Wild

Sorry yes I was referring to my Yamaha 85 G1 2 stroke. I spoke to plowman today Very knowledgable person. I bought a plowman exhaust and jet kit. I'll update everyone once I have it installed. I'm really not looking for performance( that would be a bonus) I'm just looking to reduce the heat
Old 08-31-2016, 08:25 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It is a problem with the G1, don't think you can go wrong getting one from him. Plowmans knows yamaha, a good guy. Not sure on power but certainly it will help if yours was plugged up. New G1 would top 30mph with a little help maybe a cut head, on stock tires. I have many hours on them long ago. But if you change the pipe much you also should change the porting to match it, in order for them to compliment each other and work properly, so a stock muffler is not going to be a lot different. IMHO the G1 had the best power of any old cart, I had one that would light up the tire on pavement and it was mostly stock.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:44 AM   #7
mike w
Not Yet Wild

My G1 is the first and only cart I've owned. Thanks to this forum and the old BU forum I have recieved lots of great help I don't off road the cart it's just used to ride around were I live. Thanks
Old 09-01-2016, 05:00 PM   #8
TopherAndTick
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I had a G1 for a short time once. It was crazy fast and got really hot too. It died about 4 months after I got it. But I only paid about $200 for it.

We would drive it wide open in reverse. Then slam the brakes and cut the wheel and throw it in forward gear and take off. You know, like in the police chase scene on TV... I sure wish I knew why that cart didn't last.
TopherAndTick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:13 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopherAndTick View Post
I had a G1 for a short time once. It was crazy fast and got really hot too. It died about 4 months after I got it. But I only paid about $200 for it.

We would drive it wide open in reverse. Then slam the brakes and cut the wheel and throw it in forward gear and take off. You know, like in the police chase scene on TV... I sure wish I knew why that cart didn't last.
LOL, G1 can be a lot of fun! Just remember going fast in reverse is also a good way to roll them over, been there. I been all over with G1s, once I jumped a G1 with a G1. Must have gotten 20ft distance of air at least, I should go there and pace it off. That was a stand up landing, not sure I have that kind of talent anymore lol!! One time I ran a G1 across a lake on Christmas day, maybe a half mile and then back on the ice. People that saw that must have laughed really hard.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:26 PM   #10
mike w
Not Yet Wild

=TopherAndTick;1311687]I had a G1 for a short time once. It was crazy fast and got really hot too. It died about 4 months after I got it. But I only paid about $200 for it.

We would drive it wide open in reverse. Then slam the brakes and cut the wheel and throw it in forward gear and take off. You know, like in the police chase scene on TV... I sure wish I knew why that cart didn't last.[/QUOTE

When speaking with Mr Plowman he said the heat from a clogged exhaust is detrimental to the cylinder and piston
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha