lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2016, 03:38 PM   #1
JeremyA
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Clipped wires

I acquired this G2 a few weeks ago and have been slowly working on getting it ready to paint. When I got it the cart did not run, I put in a new spark plug charged the battery gave it a little priming of gas and off it went! I drove it around a little for the heck of it before I dissembled it for paint, well when I removed the rear fender cover I found this. My question is can I just hook these wires back up or is this resistor shot since the previous owner clipped them? I don't want to start hooking things up and have smoke rolling out of everywhere.
20161130_154826_1480542611941.jpg

20161130_154932_1480542611602.jpg

20161130_154945_1480542611245.jpg
JeremyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2016, 04:14 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Clipped wires

Well, the red-green-black trio is for the voltage regulator, so if you want the battery to stay charges you will need to figure out why the voltage regulator is unhooked. Regulator is the gold metal box (red-B+, black-B-, green-F). The other device is the reverse buzzer, a safety feature that won't prevent the cart from running. On my cart, the reverse buzzer wires are re-routed to a bright led plate light as a reverse light hidden behind the rear bumper (on a G2, the reverse buzzer is off when Key is off ).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:39 AM   #3
JeremyA
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Clipped wires

Thanks cgtech, I like the idea of the light instead of the buzzer, there are a couple other wires that are wire nutted together so I'm assuming that was the disconnect method they used.

Is there a way to test the voltage regulator? I cant find any other wires that have been cut and spliced so I'm guessing they just clipped them thinking that would fix whatever the problem was. A new regulator isn't very expensive so I think I'll get a new one to cover that base anyways. Wiring has never been a strong point for me much past the obvious things so if I seem a little confused that would be your answer!
JeremyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha