lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2017, 05:39 PM   #21
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: G2/G9 Twins I've Inherited - Non-running

Yes
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2017, 06:11 PM   #22
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

So this is what I have figured out:

If you want to have the cart work the same way as stock:
push pedal = goes
let off pedal = stops
Then get the recoil lifan engine and re-use the starter/generator that came with the cart.

If you want to have the cart work like your car:
turn key = starts
turn off key = stops
Then get the electric start lifan engine and it is nicer with the 18 amp charger

Getting any of the lifan engines means you are going to have lower rpm unless you dump more money into mods. Not a bad thing, just something to be aware of if you plan on having a cart you can horse around.

So --- I did make a good buy.
I won't be sending the engines back.
I will be getting the motor mount and starter/generator mount and the taper end for the shaft.
I'll start looking at the muffler situation since that looks to be the next issue.

I can feel my brain cells increasing ... lol
justwondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:20 PM   #23
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I actually use another option which was bypass the stop/start switch under the gas pedal and just use the ignition switch to control the engine and drive it like a car.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:34 PM   #24
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

All good, but if you keep the stock clutches they often engage really low rpm and/or make the cart creep when idling. Just so you know. So the pedal start is nicer with stock clutch. If you go electric start you may have to charge the battery once in a while with the elec start clone it only charges 3A, if you do long trips and don't use accessories it will work fine otherwise the 18A is much nicer. You can take the governor out and they run around 4K rpm about 28-30mph on 22s, if you want to put about $30 into it you can get a timing key and HS springs, then buy the $70 NR racing ut2 coil with no limiter and they will rev out to over 5K which is about all you get out of a stock clone but with 22s you will be 35mph+. With 1.3 rockers I hit 38 gps. Cart did 28-30 stock, 31 stock clone, 38 modded clone but stock block and internals, on 22 tires, G9. Of course the clone gets up to speed way faster than stock power.

You don't have to do a thing to the gen other than mount it, just leave all the wiring stock and it works fine. You should put a relay on the clone to kill it like I posted in the stickies section, otherwise you can't properly turn it off with pedal start. Though with ut2 the wiring will have to be adjusted to connect the coil wires to run not disconnect the kill wire to run.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:42 PM   #25
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

I'm just excited that I got the correct engines and don't have to do returns.

The tractor is working fine so I can use the front bucket to lift the old engine out.

Do I need to do anything special to the old engine to store it until I either part it out or sale it? Remember, I'll have two engines to do and I am working under shade trees.

Getting the old engines cleaned out/up? and openings shut off from mice and bugs would be key before I put them in the barn to take pictures and sell.

Yes, this is my first engine removal and replacement.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:43 PM   #26
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I drove my stock G14 for 6 years using the key start with the stock clutch never had issue one.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:45 PM   #27
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

You don't need your tractor to take or install the engines.I am a 66 year old man and I just redid mine. Selling the old engine whole did not work well for me but parting it out did. The cylinder head , crankshaft , connecting rod , balance shaft , and ignition components sold very quickly. Oddly the rare G 14 engine block was one of the last things to sell.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:45 PM   #28
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I took the clutch off my clone then unhooked everything, pulled it out of there by hand. I was carrying the clone engine around by the exhaust pipe stub with one hand. I have a coupling on it that sticks out about 3". I'm active at work but not a youngster either lol. They don't weigh much with nothing on them, by the time you have the muffler and gas tank off you will see. When I put my mount in I set a jack under there with a 2x6 on it and put the motor on there. Then made bars and tube and got it all lined up and right height with the motor sitting there to check things, clutch sitting on it too. Pulled mtoor and welded it in and mount was done.

My G9 will creep sometimes mostly only with a new belt it would. It does not now with the 94c clutch. With the G9 clutch I had to keep the idle really slow like 600 or something to keep it from dragging. Super slow idle I can shift gears even, but it has to be about on the comp release. The 94c of course is way better about it, could be something with that spring inside.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:47 PM   #29
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

Engines got delivered.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:00 PM   #30
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

its been peyton place around here since April 2 but I think the storm clouds are clearing.

Took a rim/tire into town to get replacements ordered. Between the two carts I have 3 tires that will hold air.

Once I get some new tires and its not sitting on the ground, I'll start renovating the first buggy.

Tags
g2/g9
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha