lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2017, 12:52 AM   #11
G-gaurd
Getting Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G1 gas engine pre-ignition lock up

Well I went to eBay looking to see what was available for a G1 because my cart was a basket case somewhat and I knew I needed a CDI unit cause I didn't have one

Check out my photos and see what kind of harness I started with

Yes the wires were clipped at the CDI magneto as well so there was some engine disassembling required and I F,d up my pulsar coil and had it re-wound and it's perfect. Now I'm getting the ohms reading from my charging coil and they read high and there is continuity where there shouldn't be

I posted a new thread asking how many leads come out of the charging coil but I must not be explaining it correctly cause I got a digram showing me the connections​

I pulled the stator magneto off the motor and removed the pulsar coil and sent it for a Resurrection. It came back with a green wire and a red wire sticking out

Now since checking the charging coil I have removed it from the stator plate and it only has one brown wire protruding from the windings and a black wire attached to the set screw of the wire holder

Look at the photos

There is a green wire representing the black wire which is how I found it when I took the plate off
I hope someone here has removed his fan/flywheel and the magneto / stator plate and disassembled the it to clean if replacing the fan side seal.

I will ask them to remove both coils from the plate and hold each one in the air separately and count the number and colors of the wires coming out of each individual coil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170506_142901.jpg (97.5 KB, 0 views)
G-gaurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2017, 01:01 AM   #12
G-gaurd
Getting Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G1 gas engine pre-ignition lock up

Photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170506_142901.jpg (97.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170504_125744.jpg (112.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170523_121132.jpg (70.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170329_162327.jpg (133.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170523_145916.jpg (112.6 KB, 0 views)
G-gaurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha