lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2017, 11:56 AM   #1
andcon83
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Not getting gas

So I let my cart sit for a few years and now I can't get fuel to the carb. I cleaned the fuel pump. There seems to be vacuum coming from the motor bit I can't get much to squirt out of the line going to carb. Is my fuel pump shot or not enough vacuum from motor?
andcon83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Not getting gas

Check pickup tube in tank of you pulled pump apart and cleaned it without putting new gaskets and diaphragm in that may be your issue often then don't deal up very well when reusing old gaskets
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:44 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

They are also not always good if they lose their prime, so if you have low tank of fuel they have hard time pumping if any problem or air leak. Full tank it gravity feeds out.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:40 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by andcon83 View Post
I cleaned the fuel pump. There seems to be vacuum coming from the motor bit I can't get much to squirt out of the line going to carb. Is my fuel pump shot or not enough vacuum from motor?
Personally, I would just get a new pump rather than messing with the old one. Any 3 line vacuum pump should work on that. It doesn't have to be an exact replacement. Any $20 pump for a tractor or lawn mower or something will at least definitively tell you if your pump is the issue or not.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha