lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2018, 01:30 PM   #1
NTIMaintenanceGuy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default U-Max G28A doesn't exist

I am having a heck of a time finding parts for the G28A. Most cart part sites I have found do not list this model. I see G models up to 22 then they skip to G29. I am thinking that this is due to the fact that the G28 is not specifically a golf cart but more of a utility vehicle. Does anyone know if the G28 is similar and in what ways to the G22? I'm thinking that they have the same engine at least.

Specifically looking right now for a serviceable fuel pump. The original pump PN# JN6-F4410-10-00 was superseded by PN# JN6-F4410-11-00. I found this to be the same pump listed for the G22 however it is not serviceable, it is a sealed unit. I cannot find any liters/minute specs on this pump for comparison to other pumps out there. I found a few Chinese pumps on ebay (I would post a link to it but I can't for 7 days), I think the aftermarket pump PN# I'm seeing is 5910.

Thanks in advance for any info!
NTIMaintenanceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2018, 02:24 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: U-Max G28A doesn't exist

The frame and suspension is similar to a G16a. The motor is same as a G22a. Body panels are unique to Umax only, and are real expensive, so try not to break em.
The round plastic fuel pump is fine, the flow is more than adequate for a golf cart motor.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:39 AM   #3
NTIMaintenanceGuy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the info. I was not worried about it being adequate, I am trying to "upgrade" to a serviceable fuel pump. Something that will have adequate flow and have the ability to rebuild it should the need arise. It seems that we keep getting crud in the tank, that gets through the filter....somehow, then into the fuel pump and on into the carb. This is the second fuel pump I'll be replacing in as many years. I would like the ability to take it apart and clean/inspect the innards of the pump should I get a situation like I have currently. Current situation being that the fuel is getting through the diaphragm I believe and down the pulse line as the pulse line had fuel in it when I pulled it from the crankcase vent. This is the second time this has happened in 2-3 years creating a crankcase full of fuel.

Didn't mean to ramble, hope this makes sense.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Someone posted an all yamaha parts site on here once, they had parts for everything they made far as offroad stuff. I don't have it but remember seeing it. That said iirc cart dealers sold them and should have parts for them, but dealers don't list all parts, for example I asked tntgolfcar about the new clutch kit to replace the team clutches and they have it but its not on their site which lists about everything for carts. Also the UTV version of the umax parts were through the utv/bike/sled dealers I think, not the cart dealers, the body is different but rest of it was same I was told. You know, the blue cart I forget the name.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:22 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

All Yamaha golf cart dealers can order Umax parts (the parts that are available). Sho, You were thinking of the "Pro Hauler". And here's a good parts listing from Yamaha that does include the UMAX.

https://www.shopyamaha.com/parts-cat...-motor-company
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:30 PM   #6
NTIMaintenanceGuy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the info CG. I did order an aluminum bodied fuel pump off amazon that claims it replaces the Yamaha PN# JN6-F4410-10-00/JN6-F4410-11-00. we'll see if it is worth the $9.99. Worst case scenario I will have wasted the $$. I will come back and post an update after I get it in and install it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha