lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2018, 10:22 AM   #1
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G29 engine build

I'm not new to building the 357cc yamis over the years have built over 50 of them. Maintaining the stock specs for most people. I do dabble in the performance side of the builds also. I recently have a build with lightened flywheel,timing advance key,cut the head tighten compression. Port polished head that has been flow benched, shimed valve springs, lager valves,3 angle valve job, I have custom ground my own cam for the first time. I'm having trouble due to such a extreme rocker angle. I know this can be fixed with longer pushrods. I just don't know we're to find some I might have to make my own. Any help would be great. I know this kind of goes of subject of golf cart and more towards motor building. But hoping someone might be able to chime in. Thanks.
lady bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2018, 07:08 AM   #2
ljackson
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G29 engine build

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady bug View Post
I'm not new to building the 357cc yamis over the years have built over 50 of them. Maintaining the stock specs for most people. I do dabble in the performance side of the builds also. I recently have a build with lightened flywheel,timing advance key,cut the head tighten compression. Port polished head that has been flow benched, shimed valve springs, lager valves,3 angle valve job, I have custom ground my own cam for the first time. I'm having trouble due to such a extreme rocker angle. I know this can be fixed with longer pushrods. I just don't know we're to find some I might have to make my own. Any help would be great. I know this kind of goes of subject of golf cart and more towards motor building. But hoping someone might be able to chime in. Thanks.
Call Summit Racing Equipment's tech line. 330-630-0240. Give them the specs that you would like the pushrods to be and they may have something off the shelf.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:57 AM   #3
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 engine build

Ya that what I was thinking thanks for the reply
lady bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha