lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2019, 10:55 AM   #11
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Default Re: g1 fender flares

They look great - good price too! I’m on the third set (paid a lot more!) due to tree branches, and running over limbs. I’m thinking now about the landscaping material ( thanks Lochlin!) ,or the flexible baseboard used in commercial bathrooms. It probably won’t hold up in the sun, but it’s flexibility might survive our abuse. My ezgo front end is 4” wider than the rear, ( Jakes LT) and even with the wide flares, the front tires protrude about 2” . Muddy mess when it rains or snows- we don’t drive on any paved roads.
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2019, 10:56 AM   #12
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
They look great - good price too! I’m on the third set (paid a lot more!) due to tree branches, and running over limbs. I’m thinking now about the landscaping material ( thanks Lochlin!) ,or the flexible baseboard used in commercial bathrooms. It probably won’t hold up in the sun, but it’s flexibility might survive our abuse. My ezgo front end is 4” wider than the rear, ( Jakes LT) and even with the wide flares, the front tires protrude about 2” . Muddy mess when it rains or snows- we don’t drive on any paved roads.
You need some 'FlexiFlares'
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:17 AM   #13
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Yep! Thanks DannyAbear
Duh - there won’t be a fourth set of the rigid flares. Thought I [U]was[U] using the right ones, but after searching “flexi. . . . I see the error of my ways.
Do they look like this?
Old 02-03-2019, 11:21 AM   #14
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
Yep! Thanks DannyAbear
Duh - there won’t be a fourth set of the rigid flares. Thought I [U]was[U] using the right ones, but after searching “flexi. . . . I see the error of my ways.
Do they look like this?
That is one size and one style there are 2 different widths and 2 different ways to attach to cart. I have the other style on my XRT; them mount to the outside of the fender instead of under the lip of fender. The lip is narrow and I didn't want to weaken it by drilling into it.
If you buy a 'kit' made for trucks, etc. it will do 2 carts, there are places on ebay that sell it by the foot, also
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:51 AM   #15
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Great information, thanks. Agreed the lip isn’t enough for a mounting surface. My old flares are on the outside, so the new ones will go there too.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:31 PM   #16
MrRudog
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I was thinking I seen a post or thread where a guy used those G14-G22 flares. And like Gray Horse said, he said he had to do some trimming , but I remember them looking real good. I saved the same URL/pic for my future reference. Kinda wish I'd saved the pic of his rig too.
MrRudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:29 PM   #17
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRudog View Post
I was thinking I seen a post or thread where a guy used those G14-G22 flares. And like Gray Horse said, he said he had to do some trimming , but I remember them looking real good. I saved the same URL/pic for my future reference. Kinda wish I'd saved the pic of his rig too.
Don't forget you can subscribe to threads (basically saves them) so you can go back to your subscription list when you forget where you found it lol
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha