lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2019, 05:04 AM   #1
benthere13
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 Yamaha drive gas engine smoke loss of power

Guys I have a 2006 Yamaha drive gas golf cart. It suddenly started running bad missing was lacking power would hardly take off and smoking. I noticed it had a significant amount of oil in the air filter box. I changed the spark plug put on a new carburetor fuel pump and fuel filter but is still not running good at all. I checked the compression and it had good compression. Any ideas as to what might be wrong with it? Thanks for the help golf season is here!!!
benthere13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2019, 06:18 AM   #2
Crackback
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2006 Yamaha drive gas engine smoke loss of power

Is the cart lifted? When’s the last time the oil was checked, changed or added?
Crackback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:11 AM   #3
benthere13
Not Yet Wild

No it’s just a stock golf cart. It’s not lifted at all I checked the oil before I used it that day it was full. Haven’t added any to it since I last changed it.
benthere13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:48 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Put stock carb back on, clean out airbox, change oil and use only ONE qt of oil.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha