lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2019, 02:35 PM   #1
fastbasser
Getting Wild

Default 2007 Horn relay

Ok guys, us old folks cant here the noise when we leave the blinkers on. I was easily able to put in a relay on y 2014 that beeps the horn with the blinkers reminding me they are on.

I can not find it on my buddies 2017 Any idea where it is or did they change something on the carts?

Thanks in advance
fastbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 Horn relay

It is all controlled by a module now, no longer a standard flasher relay like they used to be. It can still be done, but it's trickier now.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:44 PM   #3
fastbasser
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
It is all controlled by a module now, no longer a standard flasher relay like they used to be. It can still be done, but it's trickier now.
I'm pretty good at tracking stuff down and that was the decision I came up with. I spent 1/2 hour looking from all directions for it.

Any other ideas?
Old 05-09-2019, 07:09 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

When the cupholders are removed, it's a black box with about 10 wires plugged in. The factory zip ties it to a support piece. I can show you how to do it if you can find a pair of good diodes (also assuming you can locate the module).
Old 05-09-2019, 08:42 PM   #5
fastbasser
Getting Wild

Quote:
When the cupholders are removed, it's a black box with about 10 wires plugged in. The factory zip ties it to a support piece. I can show you how to do it if you can find a pair of good diodes (also assuming you can locate the module).
I saw the black box with a bunch of wires running to it you are talking about. Is that the relay that needs to be replaced? I haven't seen that for sale that serves the purpose.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:52 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

It's not a relay, it's an integrated module that controls turn signals, brake lights, running lights, automatic timer shutdown.

And buying a new one will make it work perfectly normal, just like it does now.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:58 AM   #7
fastbasser
Getting Wild

Quote:
It's not a relay, it's an integrated module that controls turn signals, brake lights, running lights, automatic timer shutdown.

And buying a new one will make it work perfectly normal, just like it does now.
I see many new carts around here that do sound the horn when they signal.. Any iea how they do it other than wiring the horn into the signal?
Old 05-10-2019, 10:08 AM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

I either add a LED indicator to the windshield support, or add a reverse buzzer to annoy.

You did notice the factory energy meter is also a turn signal indicator?
Old 05-10-2019, 11:52 AM   #9
fastbasser
Getting Wild

Quote:
I either add a LED indicator to the windshield support, or add a reverse buzzer to annoy.

You did notice the factory energy meter is also a turn signal indicator?
The reverse buzzer to annoy w/b great. How would I do this for him?
Old 05-12-2019, 01:10 AM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

Here's the trick, hope you know how a diode works..... They are there to separate the signals from feeding across to light up both sides. The diode I use is a 4a one, might be Overkill, but Overkill is the best way to kill.

This is what paper I hand to the shop hands who ask "how do I wire up that light". They all made their own copy....

It shouldn't be used to power the actual "horn", but I will run a reverse buzzer annoyer, or a 12v led indicator just fine. Shouldn't be wired to the carts reverse buzzer (some risk of damaging the controller on electric carts), you will have to get your own extra..... Just the cost of doing business.,. If they require a signal annoyer/indicator, they will have to pay for those parts .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190510_142901257.jpg (139.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha