lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2020, 08:49 PM   #1
Cronosmash
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha drive transaxel

I have a Yamaha G-29 drive that is leaking oil on the drivers side. I think I need to pull the transaxel off the cart to fix the but I’m not sure how to do that does anyone know how and in what order?
Cronosmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2020, 11:34 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha drive transaxel

Model year please.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:49 PM   #3
Cronosmash
Not Yet Wild

The model year is a 2009 serial number JW2-217679
Old 05-02-2020, 03:08 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ouch, I think your oil leak is at the end of the axle, right? (Out of the little hole). If so, yes, that's a big job & has to be changed from the inside. (Remove axle & totally disassemble).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 06:06 PM   #5
Silver swan
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I think I may have same issue, recently seen drips under rear axle. Was afraid to ask what might be in case a serious issue, Mine 2014 YDRE with 4 inch lift, 23 inch tires and a back seat. A friend asked me if additional weight on rear seat is causing? Can anyone give me advice on next step, is this something I can put off until fall?
Silver swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 08:00 PM   #6
Silver swan
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

After doing some research on this website (it’s very helpful) I’m finding out I may have a team axle and doesn’t seem to be fun to deal with.. My brakes also pulsate when try to stop.
Silver swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 08:57 PM   #7
Cronosmash
Not Yet Wild

I have talked with a few other local techs and that seems to be the general consensus that I need to pull the transaxel apart. My next question is will I have it open I wanted to change the gear ratio out from 12.1 to a 8.1 has anyone ever done that or had it done?
Old 05-10-2020, 10:24 PM   #8
Cronosmash
Not Yet Wild

Ok guys pulled the transaxel out replaced both oil seals on the passenger side and drivers side, changed out the gear ratio from 12.5:1 to 8:1. I’m waiting on parts for the seal and o ring for the motor mount then ready to but this beast back together and test drive if anyone has to do this it definitely is labor intensive but it is doable. If I can help with anything let me know! I will give an update after the test drive
Old 05-13-2020, 09:39 PM   #9
ac921ol
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
Ok guys pulled the transaxel out replaced both oil seals on the passenger side and drivers side, changed out the gear ratio from 12.5:1 to 8:1. I’m waiting on parts for the seal and o ring for the motor mount then ready to but this beast back together and test drive if anyone has to do this it definitely is labor intensive but it is doable. If I can help with anything let me know! I will give an update after the test drive

If you have pictures of the job, that’d be amazing. Just in case anyone else ever needs to do it.
ac921ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 11:56 PM   #10
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I did mine last week. Went together flawlessly but ended up destroying my rear end. Needless to say, if anyone has a stock yellow/green tag yami rear end im a buyer!
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha