lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2021, 12:16 PM   #31
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 EZGO RXV No Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
Thats right. If you look at the picture of the open motor you can actually see the speed sensor. This cart is a Curtis, not a Danaher.
OK, now i've realized that... but have trusted the shop.txt site. Not sure If i'd trust that motor and you'll have to find the commutator bearing for Iskra/Leikra motor / Slovenia.
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2021, 01:09 PM   #32
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
OK, now i've realized that... but have trusted the shop.txt site. Not sure If i'd trust that motor and you'll have to find the commutator bearing for Iskra/Leikra motor / Slovenia.
AC motor. No commutator .
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 01:17 PM   #33
bbbdale
Gone Wild

I found the bearing on ebay for $12.

Gonna put the new bearing in and see where the noise level is. Hoping for a inexpensive fix.

If the grind is still there, maybe I can find a used motor or let someone “rebuild” it.

If I end up having to buy a new motor I’ll have about $4300 in the cart. More than I wanted to spend, but should be worth $5000.

Bought for $2000.
New batteries $750.
New lights $100.
New seats $150.
New windshield $150
Couple other odds and ends $75

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 01:33 PM   #34
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbdale View Post
I found the bearing on ebay for $12.

Gonna put the new bearing in and see where the noise level is. Hoping for a inexpensive fix.

If the grind is still there, maybe I can find a used motor or let someone “rebuild” it.

If I end up having to buy a new motor I’ll have about $4300 in the cart. More than I wanted to spend, but should be worth $5000.

Bought for $2000.
New batteries $750.
New lights $100.
New seats $150.
New windshield $150
Couple other odds and ends $75

Since you say the bearing had some sideways wiggle I'd replace it but those are also sometimes noisy from a bad input shaft bearing in the differential case. Good luck and keep your fingers crossed. Just out of curiosity, what did the sonic weld look like ? Was there visible corrosion in the joint of 6 red ?
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:05 PM   #35
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Default 2013 EZGO RXV No Go

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what did the sonic weld look like ? Was there visible corrosion in the joint of 6 red ?
It really looked fine. I would not say there was visible corrosion.

But who knows and why not freshen up the connection.

Old 07-28-2021, 03:18 PM   #36
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Quote:
Since you say the bearing had some sideways wiggle I'd replace it but those are also sometimes noisy from a bad input shaft bearing in the differential case.
I’m changing the differential fluid tonight and will close it back up and listen before I put the motor on. I can hear some noise now from the diff with the motor off and the plate off, but not near as much as with the motor on.

Also the volume of noise is not constant. If I get up to speed and just cruise, the noise comes and goes as the motor engages and disengages. Its speeding up and coming to a stop when its the loudest. That makes me think its motor and not a bearing.

At this point I’m inclined to put it all back together and run it. My neighborhood is only a 1 mile loop so its not like I’m gonna be stranded.

Old 07-28-2021, 03:23 PM   #37
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
AC motor. No commutator .
Well, it's a AC motor, so rotor bearing should be correct
Old 07-28-2021, 04:25 PM   #38
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbdale View Post
I can hear some noise now from the diff with the motor off and the plate off, but not near as much as with the motor on.

Also the volume of noise is not constant. If I get up to speed and just cruise, the noise comes and goes as the motor engages and disengages. Its speeding up and coming to a stop when its the loudest.
I could upload a short video/sound file recorded from my old Dana rearend to compare. The loud whining noise was produced by the whole gearset, a new installed Input shaft didn't solve it. I've purchased a new transaxle...
Old 07-28-2021, 10:47 PM   #39
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Got it all back together minus the new bearing on the motor.

The noise I hear is from the center of the motor making contact on the outside walls. Once I get up to speed on level ground, the sound goes away. When I begin to slow down or speed up it comes back.

I’m gonna work on a few other cart projects and keep my eye out for a motor. Battery Source says they rebuild motors for about $300. Not sure I trust them to fix this motor.

Old 07-29-2021, 08:42 AM   #40
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Not a bad looking cart cleaned up. New headlights, seats and rear platform coming soon.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO