lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
Farrell.44
Not Yet Wild

Default Motor Upgrades

hey i have a 1982 and im getting kinda fed up with working on junk. i know its old but i have tied up alot of money in this cart dedicating it to my grandparents. dont want to waste it, so my question is what kinda motor upgrade can i put in this thing. i dont really know what my options are with the way the motor is mounted and all. Im also aware that there ill be alot of mods done that im ok with but what is the easiest motor to mount in it. and whats a good motor for it that wont break the bank but when i turn the **** key its going to go...

i know its a not on the the cheap side but anyone ever done a small diesel? if not still looking for my best options..... what are they? ha

thanks
Farrell.44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2009, 06:02 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Motor Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrell.44 View Post
hey i have a 1982 and im getting kinda fed up with working on junk. i know its old but i have tied up alot of money in this cart dedicating it to my grandparents. dont want to waste it, so my question is what kinda motor upgrade can i put in this thing. i dont really know what my options are with the way the motor is mounted and all. Im also aware that there ill be alot of mods done that im ok with but what is the easiest motor to mount in it. and whats a good motor for it that wont break the bank but when i turn the **** key its going to go...
i know its a not on the the cheap side but anyone ever done a small diesel? if not still looking for my best options..... what are they? ha
thanks
Ok..... so throwing more money at it is going to help somehow.
sell it, add that with the money your going to keep dumping into it and buy a nice 4stroke cart. at least you can get parts for those.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:07 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Solid advice, I agree.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Best decision I ever made! I found the one you see on the left on Craigslist for $1400.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #5
Farrell.44
Not Yet Wild

how do i post pics?
Old 07-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
Farrell.44
Not Yet Wild

golf cart.jpg

golf cart 2.jpg

this is why i dont really want to get rid of whole cart. if this worked ha might not be any pics attached....
Old 07-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #7
Farrell.44
Not Yet Wild

golf cart 3.jpg

i got it to work. it was my grandfathers old golf cart and seeing how im already in this deal kinda deep i want to make it work. it will work no if and or buts.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
shaneomac
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't claim to know anything near what these other guys know, but that's a nice looking cart. if the frame and eveything else is alright go with a engine upgrade kit from cart parts plus. the couple dealings i had with them was helpful and informative. espcially if your cart has sentamental value and you prefer to keep it.
shaneomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #9
ruredy
Born Wild

Nice cart, doesn't look like junk to me. If you don't want to fix what you have you could look for a donor 4 stroke marathon and stick the whole engine, cradle, and rear in it.(that would be my choice if it were mine and I was determined to keep it) or maybe a atv setup but rigging it up a alt engine in it would be the last thing I would do. I'd even go electric before i'd cut it up to stick a chinese engine in it.
Even with an upgrade vtwin engine from cpp you'll still need a rearend with reverse, the cost would be astronomical going this route.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO