lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2016, 10:09 AM   #111
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Modifying Governor on G16 & G22

you got it, but remember, be careful going down hills. you can damage your engine overreving, don't let kids ride it unless you cut the tie off. also, it looks like this rear clutch needs a little grease, the inside shaft should have grease on it. needs 2 pumps, also 2 in the front clutch . steve
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2016, 09:29 AM   #112
SRDCOMPOSITES
Gone Wild

Yamaha

one of my G16's has been modified but I have now noticed that the Governer cable going to carb is stretched (doesnt move at all with throttle) it does not hurt the cart moving and no backfire has almost instant torque compared to my other G16 that governor hasnt been modified yet

I was going to order another cable but since it runs great wasnt sure if it was needed
SRDCOMPOSITES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:29 PM   #113
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

This is an adapter I made to be able to make fine adjustments or totally defeat the governor. This sets on top of the original governor arm. The governor arm has been drilled out and a peg installed on it to work with the adapter that now sets on top of it. The new adapter engages the top of the governor output shaft like the governor did before. By adjusting the screw on the adapter I can set how much the governor can engage, or totally be defeated. When I decide to let the grand kids start driving the cart I can screw it in and reengage the governor for a slower top speed. I drilled and taped the top of the governor output shaft to be able to secure the adapter on top of it. I can still use the 10mm adjustment nut on the governor arm to set the top speed. The adapter was primarily designed to be able to totally defeat the governor or reengage it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gov 3.JPG (18.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Gov 1.JPG (36.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Gov 4.JPG (35.1 KB, 0 views)
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:10 PM   #114
Datfoolgoat
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Last night I did the "ziptie" mod and adjusted the pedal on my g9 and wow what a difference. Wish I had done this when I first bought the cart. Easily doubled the top end speed from maybe 11 to 22+ and gave much more throttle response. Pretty much a must for any gas cart. Only negative is now I have to buy a windshield to protect from all the high speed bug splats.
Thanks to all for the pics and explanations on this site.
Datfoolgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:22 AM   #115
TimKarp
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have a brand new Yamaha Adventure Sport 2x2 and looking for some speed mods. Dont want to bypass the governor but would like to get some more speed out of it. Any suggestions?
TimKarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:39 PM   #116
hatsufi
Not Yet Wild

I am a new golf cart owner. Purchased me a G 16 from a neighbor. Took it out and drove it. Top speed 14 to 15 mph. Tightened the nut all the way in on the long threaded rod by the throttle lever and That got me 17 to 18 mile an hour. I just installed the speed spring that is recomended several times on this thread. Now my GPS speed is 23 mph. Wow! What a difference. I did not believe a spring would do that much. Plus I had installed a rear seat on it and with that heavy added weight it's still increased it that much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-02-16 13.30.19.jpg (198.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-02-16 13.30.24.jpg (206.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-02-16 13.30.39.jpg (207.7 KB, 0 views)
hatsufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:59 PM   #117
freshdaymusic
Not Yet Wild

I just spent the afternoon making these mods to my 1999 Yamaha cart. I first tightened the 10mm nut. Didn’t make much of a difference. So I drilled the D shaft bracket. Helped. Got about 21mph out of it...but throttle was “on” or “off”. Throttle response off the line was excellent. But there was no “slow” mode. So I didn’t like that either. So I took off my air cleaner and realized the carb butterfly was getting stuck open because the stop tab was hanging up on the carb housing. Bent it so it cleared and that took care of the touchy throttle and gave me slow mode back. Full throttle control now and fast speed, but I lost my off the line excellent response. Slow to “catch and go” off the line from a stop. What’s my option to get that back, keep my throttle control, and keep my 21 mph top speed? Just bypass the governor at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
freshdaymusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:37 AM   #118
JH96GT
Not Yet Wild

Just picked up a 1994 G8 that maxes at a wild 12mph. Any tips on how to remedy this?

Great thread, just not a small engine guy. Thanks all.
JH96GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:42 PM   #119
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH96GT View Post
Just picked up a 1994 G8 that maxes at a wild 12mph. Any tips on how to remedy this?

Great thread, just not a small engine guy. Thanks all.
12 pages of "remedy", please read above!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:32 PM   #120
Rizzle906
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone know where to get the 2 plastic washer things that go int the spring? I dropped mine and the pooch got them...
Rizzle906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha