lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #81
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Modifying Governor on G16 & G22

I have had some second thoughts,, my cart is 6up, jakes;; I did not do the mods, but I think there are dif. shocks also,, anyway, it has 10s, sera kings, I think it runs right around 20mph. if I run it wide open, I really need to hang on, I am worried if I do the mod to the gov. , at 30mph, when I hit a bump I might loose control;;;;;;;;;;I have dropped the air pressure, is there anything I can do to smooth it out???? any ideas;;;;;;;;;;
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2014, 02:06 PM   #82
len84pa
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: Modifying Governor on G16 & G22

I'm confused, but that is nothing new. I'm retired and allowed to be confused.

What do I need to do in order to totally over ride the governor on my 2005 Yamaha G22 so I won't get the hesitation once I get to top speed.

I have tied the arm with a plastic tie but have not turned in the nut on the spring all of the way.

Are both operations required?

Since I'm new to the golf cart world, where is the best place to shop on line for a tune-up kit and aftermarket parts i.e. rear brake light bar, lighted turn signal side mirrors etc.
len84pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:34 PM   #83
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

just turn the nut all the way ,till no threads left,, also ,take the seat off, push the gas pedal all the way and feel the twist connection on the carb, at the same time. my cart was not going wide open, if that's the case you can bottom the nut out and never get wide open..see if you have a mark behind the gass pedal where its hitting the plastic behind it,, the fix is a little work but its worth it,, get under the cart, you have to take out the nut and bolt that holds the gass pedal, take the pedal off take care and mark where you are turn it 1 tooth set back, now your carb will be going wide open, its a big dif... I still have about 5 turns left in my nut and run 23mph,, very happy right hear, but when I floor it I can feel the dif.....
Old 06-29-2014, 10:07 PM   #84
cohocarl
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjfishon View Post
...can you please send a picture of the zip tie ...
I was hoping someone would post a pic in this thread also. I did a search in Google and came up with this one. For those who have done the zip tie mod, does this look right? I see he's got the spring all the way compressed.

Thanks.

cohocarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:18 PM   #85
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Perfect, thats done correctly.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #86
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If you don't need to go back and fourth, I would drill the bracket and be done with it. I think it works the best, just remember you can't go back without a new bracket.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:09 PM   #87
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I drilled the governor armature bracket. A new governor arm is a out 9$ if you ever need to put it back to original form.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #88
bootsyj
Not Yet Wild

Works like a charm...... GPS. 28 on stock tires. Still had pedal....

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
bootsyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:11 AM   #89
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

buy the way,, the picture with the zip tie, the clutch looks like it needs greasing;;;
Old 08-06-2014, 08:34 AM   #90
express
Getting Wild

1994 g9 all stock......if I do this govenor bypass do I need to be concerned with the shaft dropping into the tranny?
express is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha