lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #11
kc5nqx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 96 club car question about ccw an cw what is the easyest

Thanks for the info I will be swapping axles so I will have one for sale plus I have fe290 that smokes that's up for grapes too. I hopefully will get this done this weekend
kc5nqx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #12
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc5nqx View Post
Thanks for the info I will be swapping axles so I will have one for sale plus I have fe290 that smokes that's up for grapes too. I hopefully will get this done this weekend
Keep in touch KC and good luck with the swap.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:34 PM   #13
kc5nqx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok I got the shift bracket in ups can someone snap a shot where it mounts too? For the life of me I can't line it up anywhere ? Any help would be aprecaitied. An just one last question for anyone who has done this swap did you have to trim or notch the lower skid/ plate that holds everything up? I've just sat it all in place at the front side if the rearend is hit that plate or did you shim the diff out away from it???? Please help!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #14
kc5nqx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just a update cw rearend has Been in for two weeks, wasn't to hard to swap, had to notch skid plate for clearance that's it. I guess next on the list is lift ! So I'm sure I'll ask questions after I search on here for awhile think bout one of those combo kits on eBay that comes with wheels an tires not sure yet

Thank you again for those of you that replied . Also have the ccw rearend forsale if interested make offer
Old 10-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #15
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=kc5nqx;629953]Just a update cw rearend has Been in for two weeks, wasn't to hard to swap, had to notch skid plate for clearance that's it. I guess next on the list is lift ! So I'm sure I'll ask questions after I search on here for awhile think bout one of those combo kits on eBay that comes with wheels an tires not sure yet

Thank you again for those of you that replied . Also have the ccw rearend forsale if interested make offer[/QUOTE

Pm sent KC

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #16
johnnyfresh
Getting Wild
Club Car

i have both rearends i will sell the one i dont need for my big block. so which rearend do i need for 16hp briggs?
johnnyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #17
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfresh View Post
i have both rearends i will sell the one i dont need for my big block. so which rearend do i need for 16hp briggs?
You need to keep the counter clockwise (pre 96) for your B&S,
the clockwise rear end (97+) is the one you want to sell!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:32 PM   #18
johnnyfresh
Getting Wild
Club Car

ok thanks for your help also on the clockwise one it has a green spring is that aftermarket and if it is can i put it on the counterclockwise one thank you
johnnyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #19
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I'm not sure... but the driven clutch springs really aren't that expensive,
I'd say leave that one on there, and get a new one for the trans axle that your going to keep!

my .02
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #20
Notdeadyet
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Re: 96 club car question about ccw an cw what is the easyest

I'm in the process of doing a similar swap.One thing I found out is that you have to change the spring in the driven clutch because it's wound in the opposite direction and the driven clutch won't open up like it should. You need a spring out of a ccw clutch and that is a problem because the only way you can buy it is to get the cam kit which consists of the cam and the spring. This costs about $55.00 when all you need is a $10.00 spring.So far a haven't been able to locate the spring.A spring out of another brand might work,but I don't know for sure.
Notdeadyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car