lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
Bufflehead
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default RPM limiter

Would someone please explain to me just where the ground strap from the rpm limiter assembly is?

I purchased a 2005 precedent 350cc gas cart.
I phoned the dealer and explained that I wasn't happy with amount of speed, he then directed me to remove floor mat and triangle metal piece and undo the 7/16 nuts and lengthen the cable towards back of cart. He said this would increase the speed by a few mph.
This I did, as instructed.
Earlier today, I read No-No-No-E-Z-Go's sticky speeding up your club car, and am a little confused, I have completed the task of undoing the 11mm nut etc. to eliminate the governor, but can't seem to find this ground strap.
Took this beast out for a test flight and it just wanted to lunge forward with little effort on the gas pedal, forward stop forward stop , not smooth at all.
I really like this unit, but am afraid I might have opened a can of worms.
thank-you for your help regards Buff
Bufflehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #2
Bufflehead
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: RPM limiter

Governor and limiter?

Sorry folks, am new to all this. Would someone please be so kind and explain, just where this limiter is on a 2005 precedent club car. 350cc gas.........would like to remove ground strap....Regards Buff
Old 09-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
Governor and limiter?

Sorry folks, am new to all this. Would someone please be so kind and explain, just where this limiter is on a 2005 precedent club car. 350cc gas.........would like to remove ground strap....Regards Buff

Welcome to BGW Buff

I'm not as familiar with the Precedent set up but on the earlier DS models the RPM limiter is located on the engine block under the cylinder barrel. It's hard to see without using a small mirror but if the Precedent is the same you should be able to feel it. A metal cased box approx 3 x 2". On the DS there will be a black wire from it that grounds to the engine casing. If the Precedent follows this trend that will be the wire to remove and insulate.
I will try to remember to confirm this later when I go to the golf club and physically check one for you.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
Bufflehead
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
Welcome to BGW Buff

I'm not as familiar with the Precedent set up but on the earlier DS models the RPM limiter is located on the engine block under the cylinder barrel. It's hard to see without using a small mirror but if the Precedent is the same you should be able to feel it. A metal cased box approx 3 x 2". On the DS there will be a black wire from it that grounds to the engine casing. If the Precedent follows this trend that will be the wire to remove and insulate.
I will try to remember to confirm this later when I go to the golf club and physically check one for you.

Chris.
Thanks for your reply, will wait for your findings before I start removing wires. Again thanks Bud
Old 09-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks for your reply, will wait for your findings before I start removing wires. Again thanks Bud

Well here you go Buff, I checked a later model Precedent this evening and the RPM limiter was indeed located under the cylinder much like the DS units. With the seat off and you standing on the passenger side looking in, have a grope under the the exhaust and you will surely feel the box. It has but two wires running from it and one will terminate via a brass/ copper terminal strip approx 1 1/2" long to the engine block on the side nearest to you. This is your ground wire. I pulled it off of this particular cart (10mm nut) and ran it with the governor disabled. Ran like a Bear.
Hope that helps and please contact me if you are confused by my description.

Chris.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #6
Bufflehead
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Well here you go Buff, I checked a later model Precedent this evening and the RPM limiter was indeed located under the cylinder much like the DS units. With the seat off and you standing on the passenger side looking in, have a grope under the the exhaust and you will surely feel the box. It has but two wires running from it and one will terminate via a brass/ copper terminal strip approx 1 1/2" long to the engine block on the side nearest to you. This is your ground wire. I pulled it off of this particular cart (10mm nut) and ran it with the governor disabled. Ran like a Bear.
Hope that helps and please contact me if you are confused by my description.

Chris.
Thank-You Chris for all your efforts in assisting me. Excellent description of the location of the limiter.
One passing thought, do people in Missouri speak with an ax cent. hehehe Buff
Old 09-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thank-You Chris for all your efforts in assisting me. Excellent description of the location of the limiter.
One passing thought, do people in Missouri speak with an ax cent. hehehe Buff
That they do Buff but I'm from England so everyone sounds weird to me as do I to them.

Chris.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #8
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

I thought he was an Aussie. That's what I get for thinking.
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #9
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
I thought he was an Aussie. That's what I get for thinking.
Oi

Chris.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #10
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Oi

Chris.
I remember the 70's.
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car