lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 93+ headlight kit in a 91 ds?

whats the difference between the pre 93 carts and the 93+? all the headlight kits i see forsale all say 93+. im sure i could make em work just curious what needs to be changed to make them work? is it just how it connects in the control box. i know my blackbox doesnt have the fuse slots like some of the newer carts. i imagine its just something with the wiring right the bodys are the same i believe. mine is a 91 ds. there isnt much to it though a fuse a switch and a hot and negative...
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 93+ headlight kit in a 91 ds?

I put a set in my old 88, no problems to report there. Bought them from Tom at CPP. His description doesn't say anything about 93 + or -. Costs about $100.

Jason
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
woodside
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a 91 DS and went through the exact same thing. I bought mine online from Golf Cart Giant and his website didn't mention a difference between 91 and 93. I figured it out after I cut my first hole and saw that the lights were too tall. According to my local CC dealer the cowl on the 93 and up models is slightley taller. They were going to call me if they got a used one in that was worth painting and said it would work no problem on my 91 but I'd have to add rubber spacers to compensate for increased height. In the end I decided to use what I had and no one has even noticed but me. There is about quarter inch gap between the bottom of the headlight and the plastic curve on the bottom of the cowl. You can see how they turned out in my picture. The lights I purchased were manufactured by Stretch Plastics. They were really easy to hook up however the harness is pretty cheap and a couple of the pins were not seated in the connecters which sent me on a little bit of a wild goose chase. Hope this helps. Good Luck!
woodside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

please post picture. thanks for the input. so it is more than just the wireing as i assumed. thanks again.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

this is the set i went with: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200610508326 went with these since it has the larger lights in the bezels. hate the way the ones with the smaller bulbs look in the bezels.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #6
woodside
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm sure those will be fine. As I mentioned I really worried about it but then once I got them in it looked fine. Here is a picture I had and I think you can see it pretty well. Let me know if you want me to try and get a close up. There's also one on my profile if you click on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf cart lights.jpg (216.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-29-2011, 11:17 PM   #7
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

i see it kind of. good enough to get the idea what your talking about it hangs down a little past the front flat. did that affect you when you went to use the template to lay out the openings to cut?
Old 11-30-2011, 11:06 PM   #8
woodside
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

No not really. I think I did a little better job on the second one because I had seen how it was going to sit in there. Probably spent an hour or so trying to make sure I got the first one right and then did the second one in 5-10 minutes. But in the end they're both even.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car