lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Rlbol
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G23a umax build

Hello
I recently picked up a 2006 g23a umax. I have been searching and reading all I can but I am not finding much. I am looking for a good a arm lift kit as well a dumb bed kit. The cart will be used mostly for around the house and moving trailers and boats. Previously we used an Polaris ranger xp but it was stolen. So I am hoping I may be able to use this? It already has a reciever set up for the hitch. I may have to stiffen up the rear suspension some and work on the belt/transmition some. I would also like to find or make some type of bed dump. Maybe electric? Any suggestion or advise is greatly appreciated!
Rlbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G23a umax build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlbol View Post
Hello
I recently picked up a 2006 g23a umax. I have been searching and reading all I can but I am not finding much. I am looking for a good a arm lift kit as well a dumb bed kit. The cart will be used mostly for around the house and moving trailers and boats. Previously we used an Polaris ranger xp but it was stolen. So I am hoping I may be able to use this? It already has a reciever set up for the hitch. I may have to stiffen up the rear suspension some and work on the belt/transmition some. I would also like to find or make some type of bed dump. Maybe electric? Any suggestion or advise is greatly appreciated!
Welcome! Electric dump lift lits can be pricey (600.00 plus), you could try Ebay for a deal or maybe buy just the "ram" and build you some mounting brackets.

Last edited by rib33024; 09-08-2019 at 02:59 PM..
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
Rlbol
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have looked at the jakes as well as the all sports but nothing is listing the model g23. I read some where that the suspension was the same as an older model but now I can't seem to find that post or which model it was. Which kit did you use when you built yours?

I was looking for an a arm kit based on thinking it would be stronger then a simple spindle kit. Would you agree with that?

I have also not found much on the dump bed as well. I know they made kits for he rangers as well as gators. I don't have much experience with the electric rams, but I wonder if they would be strong enough for that use?
Rlbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well i have a g22 and live fairly close to jakes the g22 and g23 are essentially the same cart the long travel or arm kits are nice but being that you dont plan major offroading the extra travel is not really needed , here in pa mountains i have not ever ran across a need to a arm or long travel, i use my cart to pull trailers and yard work and to get back into the woods and with the ductile iron that jakes use to make their spindle kits. you would have a better chance of twisting the cart frame before you would break one. i see other kits but just remember a lift is only as good as its weakest part and that jakes was the first to get yamaha to authorized lifts and patent it. anyways give amy a call over at jakes they just completed development for a new lift and it is awsome , im not sure they are selling them yet since they were doing testing when i got to drive it but it is smooth and super stable even with the honda big block kit it had it could take a turn at speed without flip fear
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
Germinator12
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

So, how did the build go? Did you get a lift kit for it?
Germinator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You can buy the yamaha lift parts (actually jakes) from the dealer for a G27A (factory lifted umax), cheaper than buying the jakes kit.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:18 AM   #7
Gary Mote
Not Yet Wild

First time member!!
Question... I'm looking for a lift kit for a Yamaha G23A. Someone told me the G22 was the same.HELP!! I have contacted over a dozen companies and people and cannot find a lift kit. If you know of a place please contact me or if you know that the G22 will fit the G23 let me also know that. Thank you for your time!
Gary Mote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:47 AM   #8
Abes
Not Yet Wild

I had a G23a, gas Umax with a 6” jakes lift on it. I’m 98% sure it’s the same a g22 but it’s been a while. Do a search here or google and you’ll see a write up on it. Don’t remover where I had seen it..
Abes is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha