lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
frankJay
Not Yet Wild

Default 2 stroke surge

Hello,

I have been visiting the site for some time now. My Golf Cart will start run strong for 10 sec than bog and run slow. Once I let off the throttle for 5 sec it runs strong for 10 sec and so on. Cart was running fine when parked 6 months ago now this.This is a pre mix as the oil injection has been disabled, here is what I have done;

Claned carb completely (off of cart)
Replaced air cleaner
replaced al fuel with fresh

I would think this a fuel pump?
frankJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2012, 06:13 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2 stroke surge

Welcome. YEP sounds like the fuel pump but test it before buying a new one. On jack stands !!! remove the fuel line going to the carb and crank it see if you have a strong pulse of fuel. If you do the pump my not be the issue. Has the crank seals been replaced as any point? This could also cause a surge due to a vacuum leak because its a pulse pump.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:15 AM   #3
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would check the pressure out to carb fuel line and make sure you have a strong stream.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
frankJay
Not Yet Wild

Great I will check fuel flow. As for the seals not that I am aware of not since we have owned it for the last two years.
frankJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Is the govenor still hooked up?If so,this surge,then lag is your govenor kicking in.I would look at the carb,fuel-pump,lines,filter,and crank-seals if this running problem is new,but under normal circumstances,the way you describe the power rise/fall would be the govenor kicking in and limiting power.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO