lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2015, 02:08 PM   #11
ldj1002
Getting Wild

Default Re: Disable idle cut-off on 2009 EZGO ST Sport 13HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistdgas View Post
A cart that idles all the time is better because,
1.You get a lot longer life from your starter
2. Your battery will always stay fully charged because your battery is being charged from your generator , just like a vehicle
3. You can use your cart for multiple jobs such as in my case, using a electric sprayer without the fear of running your battery down from the constant draw of power.

4. You never see a ATV, or UTV that automatically dies every time you stop accelerating. Just trying to fit in
For # 2 & 3 I would think you would be worse off if left idling. I haven't checked my cart but all generators I have saw don't charge at idle, in fact they discharge at idle. Therefore at idle you would have a discharge where when it dies as designed you would have no discharge while setting there. Alternators do charge at idle but not generators that I have seen
ldj1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2015, 04:07 PM   #12
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

If it's turning, it's wearing.

Starting, and stopping does not put any extra strain on it.

I'll put idling with the other two old wives tales. High octane gas, and nitrogen in the tires.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:10 PM   #13
Bobmc1968
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
If it's turning, it's wearing.

Starting, and stopping does not put any extra strain on it.

I'll put idling with the other two old wives tales. High octane gas, and nitrogen in the tires.
Oh, please don't tell me that!! I just replaced my muffler bearings and had my Knifflin Pins adjusted!!!!
Bobmc1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO