lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Oil filters questions

Anyone ever invent an after market oil filter attachment that can be installed on the EZ go and Yamaha engines? On the EZ go it seems like it would be easy to make one. Not sure about the Yamaha? Any ideas? Since these aree rather old school engines the Companies have not tried to extend life by keeping the oil clean. Reminds me of my Model T ford! Even Kohler uses filters!
Lavorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: Oil filters questions

the ezgo robins/suburu engines do have a filter screen, the yami dont have anything.

i havn't seen any "filter" as per say on the older carts, but you have to understand these carts were built for golf courses. the factories really dont care what happens to teh carts once they leave the courses.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Most of the factory engines are "Splash-Lube".They don't have an oil-pump,so they don't have any way to circulate the oil thru a filter.Thats why they use the Screen-Type,it traps contamination flowing thru the lower-end.Thats' why I highly recommend Synthetic Oil in them,it greatly increases the lifespan of the lower-end in Splash-Lube engines.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Seems like there's ought to be a way to install an external oil pump and filter to Increase the life of the engine, but it would be such a job it probably isn't worth it. We used to do it with Modle A ford engines and even some exotic T engines but it was a pain. I'll just clean the little filter it has and hope I get some more miles out of it. Thanks for the comments.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
sonnyhooper
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

If you are talking about a eh29 or eh35 they have full pressure system. You can even add a oil cooler.
sonnyhooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #6
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Not sure how I tell what engine it is on mine. It is a 1999 I think?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #7
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

the kawasaki engs came out in 08. so if its older than you have the robins/subaru eng. they actuatly have an oil pump to lube the camshaft in the head. now i have no idea how much pressure it has or even its its capable of pushing oil thru a spin on type filter.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #8
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
the kawasaki engs came out in 08. so if its older than you have the robins/subaru eng. they actuatly have an oil pump to lube the camshaft in the head. now i have no idea how much pressure it has or even its its capable of pushing oil thru a spin on type filter.
installed a oil pressure gauge on my 295 and at idle it holds 20psi....get in the gas and she pumps between 50-60 psi
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO