lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
Orlando
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default $5 1991 Club Car

My wife brought home a 1991 Club Car in need of some TLC. Some of the seat mounting brackets are missing, seats need replaced. Looks like the air box and not sure what else is missing. Body has damage and eventually will need replaced, 3 of the tires are pretty worn but hold air, battery is weak.
Now the good news, only have $5 in it
So far I have drained gas tank and refilled with fresh gas. I remove the carb and cleaned it. Have good spark but not firing. Am working on getting it running now.
I have been reading all I can on this site and others trying to learn what parts I need and the cheapest place to get them.
Missing air box and what else?

This hose looks like it is suppose to go into the back of air cleaner assembly but doesnt fit . Is there supposed to be a fitting?

This hose is snapped of on the gas tank. Anything important or just a vent?

Found this ground strap which is attached to bottom drivers side of engine but other end isnt attached to anything. Doesnt even look like it had a ring on it. Any ideas where it goes?

Looks like I have a summer project
I apprecite any help, tips, ideas, opinions you can give ew.
Thanks guys
Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: $5 1991 Club Car

Wow, that is awesome! You will definitely have fun with it.
Do you have any pics of the entire cart?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:46 AM   #3
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

That's a great find for $5. I can't wait to see how it turns out.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:48 AM   #4
Orlando
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Wow, that is awesome! You will definitely have fun with it.
Do you have any pics of the entire cart?
Not much to look at now, took the seats off. I did get her running and so far runs well!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #5
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Score!!! may i now propose a challenge? lets pick an arbitrary amount and see how awsome you can make it and not spend more than say 100. not that you have to stop there but it would be fun to see how much cart you can put together like the seats depending on your ability can be done for about 20 dollars. just something fun to try and the amount could be as high as 500. just pick a number and keep us posted.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
This hose looks like it is suppose to go into the back of air cleaner assembly but doesnt fit . Is there supposed to be a fitting?
It does go into back into that hole in the air cleaner, no fitting needed, you just have to squeeze it in. The hose is made to fit tight, so it stays in there.

Quote:
This hose is snapped of on the gas tank. Anything important or just a vent?
Where does the other end go? Hard to tell what it is by just looking at the one end.

Quote:
Found this ground strap which is attached to bottom drivers side of engine but other end isnt attached to anything. Doesnt even look like it had a ring on it. Any ideas where it goes?
I believe that strap goes to the solenoid box. I'll double check mine when I get home. This may be the reason your motor isn't firing up.

And where are you in Ohio?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
CRZ
Not Yet Wild

I just checked my new to me 91 Club car.. It's like the previous poster said, black hose fits into that hole on the back of the air filter housing.
The ground strap bolts to the passenger side back corner bottom of that metal rectangular box.
The thing on the gas tank I cannot tell if its just a vent or if it attaches to the bottom of the gas tank. If I have time I'll scope it later.
CRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
CRZ
Not Yet Wild

I just confirmed that it is a vent hose on the gas tank. It vents out to the bottom front passenger side of the gas tank. If you look under the cart you can see it.
CRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #9
Orlando
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replys
I have the cart running, doesnt want to start well though I suppose becuase the air box is missing. Runs pretty well when warmed up but surges at full throttle
I will check on the ground strap
I am in West Liberty 43357
Anyone have a extra air box and billows they would sell and any brackets forthe seat back rests?
Thanks again
Old 05-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #10
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRZ View Post
The ground strap bolts to the passenger side back corner bottom of that metal rectangular box.
Yep. That's where mine is hooked up.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car