lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #21
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My NEW Favorite Cart EVER !!!! (So Far)

Take a peek in the "Street Carts" or "On Road" or whatever it is forum, I've found a solution to the clearance issues so far, posted a few pics and am heading to an early bed feeling pretty good about the project after all :)

Scot - I'm gonna rattle Your cage sometime in the AM, be forewarned, LOL :)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #22
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

If your'e having troubles w the vid, right click and then choose "copy video URL" then paste it in Your browser - anyone else having issues w the vid ?!?!?!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #23
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Take a peek in the "Street Carts" or "On Road" or whatever it is forum, I've found a solution to the clearance issues so far, posted a few pics and am heading to an early bed feeling pretty good about the project after all :)

Scot - I'm gonna rattle Your cage sometime in the AM, be forewarned, LOL :)
I'll be here

We are still loading an enormous amount of cr*p in the new hauler that is apparently required for camping
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #24
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Anybody know if it's OK to grind off that stupid alignment post on the axle tube if I decide to flip the springs to the top of the axle? if I don't, I'm going to need to make a new spacer which will give me FAR too much lift, plus longer U bolts, etc etc
Old 06-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #25
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

OK - looks like a 1.25" shackle extension and a set of 4-leafs in the rear did the trick along with the 1.25" front lift .... It's a little scary clearance-wise, but a good hour of beating her severely with a screaming, swearing passenger and nothing rubbed - well, OK, I rubbed my arm where I got punched for driving like an idiot but hey, it was technically a "Research" ride, so I'm still holding out that I was well within my rights (if not my wits, LOL) ...

Onto the next issue, earlier today she was jumping all over the road and trails like a terrier with a rat, I decided to check the toe, etc being as I had done a lot of loosening, tightening, pulling, yanking, etc on the front end yesterday - Hmmm, 30.2" at the rear, 29 flat at the front .... Fixed THAT problem fairly well and am now sitting at 29..7-ish front and rear and she's handling a lot better but the kingpins are starting to feel pretty shaky now that I have monster tires with a 2:5 offset - if I jack the cart and move the tire top to bottom I shouldn't get any undue movement, should I? Because I am. The steering box and components are all brand new and the steering is tight as it gets but I'm thinking it's time to tackle the kingpins, anyone have any pre-advice for me?

Well I'm off to grab a jug and tip back a pre-celebratory shot or 8 for one heck of a start to a job well done ... Thanks to everyone who has chipped in with advice, help, deals, and just plain cart stuff on the project (with a special nod to Scot *EssNEss* as well as KJ Motorsports). It's looking like this one is getting pretty close to where I want it as a "Hot Rod Street Cart" without making it *too* pretty so I'm not afraid to flog her on the trails, etc.

NOW, time to decide on lighting, I'm thinking 120w (12X10w Cree LED) should do it, I have the 180w on the Yamaha but those are the little 3W LED's and aren't as efficient as the Cree's so lumen-for-lumen I should be pretty close and I don't think I need quite the throw as this one likely won't spend a ton of time in the woods ... Aw heck, if nothing else it'll give me something to ponder while I have a few Tequilas this evening !!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130608_151528.jpg (340.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20130608_151520.jpg (314.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #26
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Yep, I like it

Well done Dale
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #27
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Looks really sharp!
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO