lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Fergiedog
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV factory alignment problem

2008 gas RXV , 1 of the very first sold, 10" rims, has now eaten 2 full sets of tires. Dealership has aligned it 3 times, now the warranty is gone. Have spent 2 days studying the front-end looking for a reason.
There are no caster or camber adjustments yet the camber is +5 deg on passenger side and 0 on driver side. The mounting bracket for the upper end of the front struts is welded off center toward the passenger side by .5 inches. This causes the passenger strut to be more vertical. Since the spindle angle is fixed at ~ 7 deg for both, it causes the camber to tilt the bottom of the tire in by almost 2 inches.
I cannot find any references on the net to a problem like mine. What does the repair manual say the camber angle should be set. This appears to be a manufacturing problem but like I said ,its out of warranty and I'm not quit sure what to do. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Fergiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: RXV factory alignment problem

whats wrong.

you can adjust it as need be.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
Fergiedog
Not Yet Wild

COURTESYCART how do you adjust the camber, I havn't bought the repair manual. Was hoping to find one in my vertures.
Fergiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:05 PM   #4
Ted B
Not Yet Wild

Fergiedog. Did you ever find out how to adjust the camber on your RXV. I have a similar problem with a 2012 RXV. Mine is a 48V electric. Ten inch wheels. Out of warranty. I have the repair manual, but it doesn't talk about adjusting the camber. Nor does it mention a spec on the factory built camber. Front assembly doesn't appear to be different from side to side. Wearing driver side tire on the outside. Already had to replace tire. I've only had it for one year. Do a good bit of pavement driving in a gated community. When on pavement I'm typically running it at twenty MPH plus. But, lots of turf driving on the golf course also. Any help would be greatly appreciated. In response to your original post, Courtesycart said it can be adjusted as needed; but, I can't figure out how.
Ted B is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO