lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #1
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Is this crack in the engine (case?) something to worry about?

I just bought this 1997 club car and it runs/drives without any odd noises or anything unusual but I noticed this big crack in what looks like some sort of metal engine case?

The rear bumper is bent up pretty good, so I'm wondering if the previous owner was rear-ended hard by a car or something and that might have caused this.

Should I be concerned? And is 3097 hours on a golf cart a lot?

Here is the picture
http://i.imgur.com/9UKR9sS.jpg
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #2
Romrok
Not Yet Wild

That is the fan shroud. It surrounds the flywheel fan and directs the air over the cooling fins of the cylinder. Right under that spot is the ignition coil. When this fails, normal deal is to remove the shroud. Looks like the previous owner just cut a section out to do the replacement. Personally I would doubt that it would cause an issue. A bit of air not getting to the cylinder for cooling is all. If it were my cart I would weld it up tho.

Rom
Romrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #3
corkscrew
Gone Wild

Default Re: Is this crack in the engine (case?) something to worry about?

A-train I have a club car fe290 that is blowed up (knocking) but my cover is in good shape. Where are you located at.
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:26 PM   #4
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: Is this crack in the engine (case?) something to worry about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkscrew View Post
A-train I have a club car fe290 that is blowed up (knocking) but my cover is in good shape. Where are you located at.
I'm located in Scottsdale, AZ
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car