lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Default Yamaha efi - go faster!

I live in a highly controlled island golf cart community which has a hilly road network and just 500 carts and where the only available new gas cart is the Yamaha EFI. This is now on order.

I really don't care that this is fuel efficient and am most concerned that it is supposedly very slow (around 15mph?). Ideally I would like this to go around 30mph and to pull nicely up the hills.

Is there much that can be done to make the EFI model go faster? And if so what sort of mods are we talking about to achieve this?

Many thanks

Slobdiddy
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha efi - go faster!

You cAn bypass the governor and get mid 20s. Tell you what call don at plowmanscarts.com . He has a kit for the efi carts to get you speed and power. Its not listed on the website yet but he will explain it all to you and how the set it up for your application.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

>>http://www.plowmanscarts.com/

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Bypassing the governor wont serve you well on a EFI drive, the pcm has its own built in rev limiter. I'm glad, because all this talk about letting these motors turn crazy rpms with no pressurized oil system is pretty much nonsense to me. With a properly adjusted throttle (yes that problem still is alive and bigger than ever), and 8:1 gears, speeds above 25mph are achieveable. If you think any stock cart motor will propel a golf cart 30mph up hill, i think you are not being very realistic.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha