lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2014, 11:21 PM   #11
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: newbee at 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Lol sorry, just saying it has worked for me. I would get the springs and a timing advance key, they are cheap put those in and remove the governor parts it should run good. Should be able to get the retainer and button they toss them away for built engines, it depends on what is on your clone some are different.

I made a plate with arms that swing to connect the throttle and choke and work like stock. There are pics in my build thread in clones section called second clone build or something like that.
That's what I'm talking about... Do you think this brings any more clarity, or do you think it would be better to post links to what you are referring to? I've been here for more than a few months and I have no idea what you are referring to.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2014, 07:39 AM   #12
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Sho....i cant seem to find your thread on pics....and cant privite message u cuz ur maulbox is full
Dog321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:55 AM   #13
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Sho...cant srem to find thread with throttle/choke pics
Old 09-14-2014, 07:57 AM   #14
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Sho...cant seem to find threads with choke/throttle pics
Old 09-14-2014, 01:52 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...lone-bb-3.html

I don't always have time to post links, if you can't figure out where it is using the search then you will have to wait. That is what you get for FREE information directly from the goodness of my heart. Take it or leave it, you are welcome as always.

If you want to mine the tons of great information in forums, you need to learn how to search them. Typically the search function sucks other than for simple things. Best searches tend to be putting the site into google with specific terms, then change those terms until it shows what you are looking for. In this case all you have to do is go to clones forum, put in my user name and search. This gives you a list I posted in, and not far down is a clone build thread that is the one. It took me around 15 seconds to do that for you. Not getting on you, just saying golf cart forum here is not the only forum for cool stuff/toys/projects on the net and you will pat yourself on the back knowing how to get around in them and have people tell you how to do cool stuff/repairs/etc for free. If you don't you will spend 4X the time online looking for things instead of working on your project more productively.

Putting this "buggies gone wild second clone build" into google brings up my build thread in the first result.

I can't explain all the stuff about mods to clones. I spent huge hours searching gokart and other forums for information on them. 4cycle.com is one of the best. But you have to consider they are racing them and not the most ideal engines for GC use. Minor mods are raising compression via decking the head, advance the timing with offset flywheel key, HD springs to run more rpm, a little porting to clean up head, rejet the carb, free flow airbox and exhaust systems. All these work on carts just fine. Beyond that you need to buy an expensive rod and cam and valvetrain parts that work with the cam. The motor is cheap but that stuff will cost you as much as the engine, and will give results as well. But once you put enough into it then starting with a larger engine becomes more viable in the first place. All depends on what you want to do.

I say HD springs and timing key minimum because the springs will keep you from floating the valves which could eventually break something, and the key will help it rev out better. Both are cheap and fairly easy to install.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #16
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks so much sho....theres so much i have to learn bout this sight...like thinkin my message dint get through....again thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha