lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2022, 10:58 PM   #71
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Uno battery for Ezgo TXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
IMO, some of the problems are poorly designed and programmed BMS's. I think there are more problems with BMS than with bad cells.
Yeah I never said they were bad cells I just think if you were to break some of these open you would find the same Chinese cells everyone's using. It's hard to know without breaking one open but I think the bms and in some cases the smaller 30-60ah cells being used with a max c rate of 60-90amps is the weak point in some configurations. Also some bms systems can only be used in a series or parallel with so many additional batteries without issues.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2022, 10:41 AM   #72
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
IMHO - there is as much Bs here as I have seen anywhere.
You know im trying to not pick out any particular seller or battery but theres plenty of BS to go around. For example what do call this statement?

"100% USA Made in Idaho"

I'm pretty sure there are no lithium battery manufacturers in Idaho... There is an Idaho based company thats building the first american owned lithium battery plant in the US... But thats going to happen in Arizona when its completed unless somethings changed.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...uring-Facility

Taking Chinese 3.2v batteries and wiring them in a series with a bms and dropping them in a case is hardly 100% USA made in Idaho and to say otherwise is misleading.
Old 11-19-2022, 12:58 PM   #73
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The same can be said for all of the American automakers and many more American companies assembling foreign products in the United States.
Does that upset you equally? Are you on the Corvette forum bashing the "American Tradition" automaker?
Perhaps the battery in question is as made in the USA as it gets. Perhaps there are Americans employed in construction of the product. Do you know that answer or are you just keyboard bullying for some entertainment...
Because you keep saying you have not taken any commercially available batteries apart but you know they must all be the same cheap stuff inside. Which is just unsubstantiated dribble.
Have a nice day and find something constructive to do. I know I will
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 02:08 PM   #74
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The same can be said for all of the American automakers and many more American companies assembling foreign products in the United States.
Does that upset you equally? Are you on the Corvette forum bashing the "American Tradition" automaker?
Perhaps the battery in question is as made in the USA as it gets. Perhaps there are Americans employed in construction of the product. Do you know that answer or are you just keyboard bullying for some entertainment...
Because you keep saying you have not taken any commercially available batteries apart but you know they must all be the same cheap stuff inside. Which is just unsubstantiated dribble.
Have a nice day and find something constructive to do. I know I will
Chevy hasnt advertised or made claims to be made in the USA in decades. they just state "assembled" in whatever assembly plant. Some models are completely assembled in countries like Korea. Regardless that battery should state "assembled in the usa with components both foreign and domestic" and the reason it doesnt and they doubled down with the "100% USA made in Idaho" claim is misleading marketing and its BS.. You are the one who went there making claims of BS on my part.

With your logic my Yamaha is "100% usa made in new york" because Im wiring my batteries up into a series pack inside it and installing a bms..

There is a guy on youtube that spends thousands on buying lithium batteries and tearing them apart and showing everyone how they are made so I dont have to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5E30u-66VI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aahHWaV6Zdk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW3QCeWFDys
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO