lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2010, 04:57 AM   #41
genemo3
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: $300 to $400 and get 26 MPH

I echo the sentiments about Plum Quick motors. I have a 42 volt Western Elegante in very good condition that had a top speed of 18 mph, upgraded to a purple PQ and the top speed went to 23 mph with no other upgrades. Ditto on the acceleration; very smooth and quick. I am very satisfied.
genemo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #42
icecreamman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Do any of you know about this thing? URL="http://www.digitaloverdrivesystems.com"]
I found it very intriguing but dont know what to make of it.
icecreamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #43
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecreamman View Post
Do any of you know about this thing? URL="http://www.digitaloverdrivesystems.com"]
I found it very intriguing but dont know what to make of it.
For around $100 you can get Speed Code 4 which will do the same thing as opposed to spending $179. And for $45 more you can get another motor from PlumQuick, $225,) and get even more speed and torque.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #44
icecreamman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I called Orlando Club Car to find out about the speed code 4 programming. They want $125 to program plus $45 service fee. i guess it works out about the same, but I would have to trailer the cart to them. Its about 70 miles round trip. Do you still recommend that, or the motor upgrade, or just the overdrive unit? Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #45
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecreamman View Post
I called Orlando Club Car to find out about the speed code 4 programming. They want $125 to program plus $45 service fee. i guess it works out about the same, but I would have to trailer the cart to them. Its about 70 miles round trip. Do you still recommend that, or the motor upgrade, or just the overdrive unit? Thanks for your thoughts.
I'd do the motor upgrade with PlumQuick... you'll be much happier in the long run. If you decide to do a controller upgrade down the road the speed code from CC is a moot point.

At this time I still have just the PQ motor as my upgrade. I have changed out my cables to #4's months later since I plan on doing other mods that will require them!
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #46
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do what Scubabud says as he has been there and done that.He has an outstanding golf car.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #47
icecreamman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, I'll check out PQ motors!
Old 08-07-2010, 07:37 PM   #48
quick5
Not Yet Wild

sweet bro!
quick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #49
03Villager
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
After reading many threads I decided I wanted to try my hand at adding more speed to my 2006 Precedent. When I purchased it from a Club Car dealer it was "Like" a Gold Standard" except they did it themselves. Speed Code 4 was part of the deal as well. When I got it in November they didn't receive from Club Car the upgrade to Code 4 so I used it while it was on the 14.6 MPH setting. With the 22x11x10 tires I was getting a solid 18.9 MPH. When I finally got the speed code 4 I only got a bit more speed, 20.4 consistent. I read about one member here that did a AllTrax Controller, ($400,) first and got around 20-21MPH. Then he exchanged his stock motor for a Plum Quick Motor upgrade and got 26.1 MPH with stock #6 wires. So I figured that since Plum Quick Motors for IQ’s come with Regen braking disabled and a Speed Code 4, (around $100 if you had a dealer do it for you,) I’d see what I could get in top speed and hopefully more torque. After just 1 hour on removal and install combined, following Robby Steen’s suggestions on removal and installation I got around my neighborhood block, mostly in the shape of a circle with no real straight away a solid 25.5 and peaking at 25.8. Trust me when I tell you if I had a straight away 26+MPH will be in the bag! My actual cost was $225 for the motor, $50 for No Core Exchange, (I’m keeping my original motor,) and $25 in shipping for a total of $300. So the way I figure it, going to a Speed Code 4 from the factory at around $100 and getting a Steen Plum Quick Motor for $300 you’ll get over 25MPH for around $400, the price of the AllTrax alone. The pedal response is amazing from a gentle slow to full out with no flat spots and tons of torque. And boy do I like the Regen turned off! I’m attaching some pictures as well. I can’t thank Robby enough for his time on the phone and addressing my concerns over stock wires, controller, etc.
Hey ScubaBud I found your thread on the search engine here. I read the whole thread and numerous others. I wanted to check in with you to make sure your mod will work on my 2003 Club Car Villager. I saw from another thread that it is a 4 IQ (serial number is FQ0314-******). This is the most speed for the cheapest price I have found on here so far. If anyone else has done this or has any other suggestions I would appreciate hearing them!
03Villager is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car