lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2020, 09:25 PM   #331
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Caroche Runabout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyer View Post
jakesnake27,
Sorry, I guess I didn't read that post very well.
George
No worries George; glad to see you back!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2020, 05:00 AM   #332
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Hi guys, I know it has been a while since my last update, but that is because I haven't been working on the Caroche in a while.

I have a new challenge for you all, is Sergio out there listening?

For the Caroche Sport Coupe I would like to retain the original horn button in the center of the steering wheel. It originally worked to close the ground circuit to the horn, but as the frame is no longer grounded I need a new design.

Can anyone provide a simple solution? Remembering of course that I am electronically challenged, LOL.
Thank you,
Aflyer
George forgive me for not going back through this thread to find out. Are you using the original wheel AND horn button?

And yes Sergio can figure this out even if it has to be nuclear powered.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:21 AM   #333
Turnofftheradio
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

I can think of 2 options for the horn...
one is to switch your turn signal switch to one with a horn button. A couple are made that look very similar to the original, but with a horn.
the other is to add some sort of non grounded switch and slip ring contact to the original. that sounds harder.
Turnofftheradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:47 AM   #334
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Hi guys, I know it has been a while since my last update, but that is because I haven't been working on the Caroche in a while.

I have a new challenge for you all, is Sergio out there listening?

For the Caroche Sport Coupe I would like to retain the original horn button in the center of the steering wheel. It originally worked to close the ground circuit to the horn, but as the frame is no longer grounded I need a new design.

Can anyone provide a simple solution? Remembering of course that I am electronically challenged, LOL.
Thank you,
Aflyer
George, as the frame is no longer grounded you just need to run a separate negative line back from the frame of the horn button. In other words instead of going back through the cart frame, the connection will be back through your ground wire.

If I am missing something here (because I'm sure if it was that simple you would have done it already) post a picture so that we can visualise the problem.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 01:31 AM   #335
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

that is awesome I want one, im getting closer on my caroche build about to glass on the heaadlight buckets I copied from one of my other caroche bodys https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=173192
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 02:48 PM   #336
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomCurt View Post
that is awesome I want one, im getting closer on my caroche build about to glass on the heaadlight buckets I copied from one of my other caroche bodys https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=173192
CustomCurt,
I just went through your build thread that thing is very cool, great job.
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 02:55 PM   #337
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
George forgive me for not going back through this thread to find out. Are you using the original wheel AND horn button?

And yes Sergio can figure this out even if it has to be nuclear powered.
Hey Stan,
Wow, can't believe it has been a year since I looked fat this thread.
Answer to your question, yes, I was trying to use the original horn button in the factory steering wheel.
I have not looked at it in quite a while, just put the windshield and wiper motor back in it, so spending a little time to finish things up.
George
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Picture.jpg (262.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-14-2021, 11:32 PM   #338
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hello all,
After finishing the Caroche rebuild I think it is time to sell it to someone who can use it more than I do.

It just sits in the Garage getting dusty then getting dusted off, and then getting a little wax job.

This thread shows all the good bad and ugly, check it out and let me know if you have any questions.

Asking $5,000.
AFLYER
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car