lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2017, 09:18 AM   #1
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G29, 09 drive fuel shutoff

wondering if anyone has ran into an issue with the fuel shutoff not opening fully or getting blocked and starving engine for fuel. going from a complete stop with the fuel filter half full or better, I can hammer until the filter looks empty and around then the cart will spit and sputter and eventually die. I can sit and wait for 1 minute and go into hammer mode again until the filter looks empty. cart never has done this before, plowmans upgrades new fuel pump and filter, cleaned the carb twice and inspected under a microscope the needle and seat..........I am really ready to start wrecking stuff in the shop. the only other things that I need to replace would be the pulse line from crankcase. then all hoses and fuel related items "EXCEPT" for the fuel pickup/shutoff in the tank. now that I have written a book and you have graciously taken the time to read it I guess the question is "has anyone ever had a problem" with the shut off restricting fuel to carb?
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2017, 09:43 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G29, 09 drive fuel shutoff

Remove the pick up tube and stick the fuel hose in the tank. See what happens then...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:48 AM   #3
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

that's the plan for now, I am at work for another 10 hrs...... just killing time asking/reading up on things
Old 08-29-2017, 10:39 AM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Almost sounds like the vent is clogged creating a vacuum and once you let it sit it slowly vents
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:22 PM   #5
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

might have to take a look see at the vent also, thanks guys for the reading materials.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #6
Dragcart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Check the "pulse" tube from the engine. Mine was pinched under the air cleaner. Replaced with a longer tube so it runs through both white twist clamps. One at the end of the SG mount, the other near the fuel tank/pump. Problem solved.
Dragcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha