lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #11
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Default Re: Engine size

i want to do a gas upgrade badly, now i just have to find a customer that wants it
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2007, 09:28 PM   #12
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Do it for yourself. You will thank yourself later.
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #13
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

LOL, my wife would KILL me if I spent that amount of money on a tow right now. I have a stable life, but don't have that much play money(I had 4 kids, I figured I didnt need money)

It's ok though, I get to build custom cars at least once a month. I can have my joy through my customers
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #14
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

I understand where you are coming from. I did plow an enormous amount of money into what is essentially a toy. But it's the most fun I've had in a long time and I love that it's mine. I made all the decisions, spent all the money and I get to have all the fun... well, sometimes I let Tom drive it too. But, honestly now that it's finished, I could sell it tomorrow and start on a new one and not even miss it. I'm already thinking about the next one. I fully intend to put this one up for sale when dune season it over.

Boo
Old 11-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #15
Ryan L
Not Yet Wild

what about a 91 cc I want to swap mine bad, my fe350 flathead sucks I want some tire spinning power with fair top end. but I want factory reliability like alternater and electric start. Someone please show me the v-twin power and the way to the promice land
Ryan L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:35 PM   #16
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Your 1991 has a FZ340 341cc flathead engine. The FE350 is much, much, much more powerful than that engine. The FE290 would feel like going from an I4 to a V6, and the FE350 would be like a V8.

Call Tom at Cart Parts Plus about the 18hp or 23hp Vanguard engine. They have extreme tire spinning power.

You can directly swap in a Kawasaki FE400 which will put the idea of running out of power in the back of your mind. However, it won't have tire-smoking burnout power like the V-twins will.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:42 PM   #17
Ryan L
Not Yet Wild

thanks my bad on type of motor i would like to findout stats like top end and gear change differences i just rebuilt mine and it is as fast as my friends stock newer ones but not as strong iwant something that will blow there woodscrews off
Ryan L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:49 PM   #18
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Hey Aaron,

Turns out the one cart I bought for $400 had an old flat head in it. Guy really got taken. Thought it was a newer motor, but with the tires and Douglas wheels that had never been on the road, and coil overs and even the old motor, which runs really well, we still made a smokin' deal. And, oh yes, yet another body. I think I have four now, not counting the one on my good cart.

Boo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car