lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2022, 02:53 AM   #1
Fishe1me
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Increasingly Slower Takeoff the Longer it's Driven But Fine When Cold

1981 G1

When the cart is cold, takeoff is quick and responsive, exactly as expected. As the cart is driven longer (10-15 min), when coming to a complete stop and then taking off again, the engine takes increasingly longer time to start revving. With the cart at a dead stop, pressing the accelerator to the floor, the engine just turns over and over, eventually revving up and taking off. The time it takes for the engine to finally start revving becomes longer and longer as the cart is continually driven. After a long drive (>1 hr), from a dead stop with a foot pressing the accelerator to the floor, I literally have to start pushing the cart for the motor to rev up. This issue persisted even after replacing the carburetor and air filter. It's not lack of fuel because choking just makes it take longer. Possibly too much fuel? Clutching appears to be functioning properly too. Again, there is no issue when the cart is cold; the issue starts after about 10-15 min of driving and gets increasingly worse the longer I drive. I appreciate any feedback, thank you!
Fishe1me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2022, 05:43 PM   #2
greenskeeper
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G1 Increasingly Slower Takeoff the Longer it's Driven But Fine When Cold

coil or plug issue, since it gets worse with heat ?
greenskeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 07:39 AM   #3
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Increasingly Slower Takeoff the Longer it's Driven But Fine When Cold

Fish1me, did you try either of these and if so, did you see an improvement?
tennbamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 09:12 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Check compression cold and hot. 2 stroke will get worse when hot and lose power. This might not be it but common if it gets weak with heat. It then needs rings and or bore job. First make sure fan is clear and fins are open for cooling.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 10:12 PM   #5
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Is it stronger in reverse? have the muffler been cleaned out? they tend to plug with 2cycle oil and it used to be popular to throw them on a campfire to burn the oil/soot out of them. and lastly, are you sure the oiling system is working? or is it premixed... 2cycle engines typically run ok when cold with not enough oil in the fuel but not so much when hot.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha