lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2022, 03:44 PM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Lights after Lithium battery install

I have two carts with converters and both have a fifth wire to turn them on. That wire goes to the ignition switch. Two go across the battery pack, and the other two go to the light harness to supply 12V to it.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2022, 04:21 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I have two carts with converters and both have a fifth wire to turn them on. That wire goes to the ignition switch. Two go across the battery pack, and the other two go to the light harness to supply 12V to it.
Yea but if you’re a cheapass like me I got the $20 one from Amazon it doesn’t have a keysense wire.

Mine only has 4 wires. 2 go to the 48v pack and 2 are the 12v output. I just ran the 48v+ wire through a 15A toggle switch to interrupt the power feed to the converter so when the switch is off the converter is off and doesn’t draw anything.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 05:39 PM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Some try hooking the cheep 4 wire power to the ignition switch. It will fairly quickly kill that switch because most of all converters have capacitors in them that cause a big current surge when you connect them to power. You can use a higher power rated switch or a relay but I would expect to replace it fairly often if you use it much. I need my lights all the time because I drive on the street to the golf course. I also power my Lithium BMS with the 12V power.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car