lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2022, 08:37 PM   #11
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: G2 cranks but won't turn over.

So I literally just got a G9 or G2 (not sure what it is) that I bought for $300 a couple days ago running tonight...
if its not turning over the issue can likely be either the key switch, start switch on the gas pedal or solenoid... In my case the guy drove over something and it sheared three wires that ran along the frame under the cart. one being the red power wire to the solenoid coil.

If you have a simple volt meter you can look for 12v to the small coil wires on the solenoid which turns on the starter generator and turns over the engine.
augiedoggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2022, 10:31 AM   #12
yamaha77
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

So installed the original mikuni carb after I cleaned it. Adjusted 1-1/2 turns out. Needle is not flat. I have spark. volts are good. I did notice the small check valve looked a little worn so i took the one off the new motor I got. Still nothing. It did seem to take a while to get fuel but now it is just flooding again. I do have the oil warning light on for some reason after doing a fresh oil change with exactly one quart. So I am assuming that sensor is bad. I checked all of the lines for vacuume leak and the air box. It will pop with a spray of carb cleaner when cranking.
yamaha77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 10:26 PM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Take an old spray bottle with gasoline in it. Take the air filter setup off and spray the fuel directly into the carb while the engine is cranking. If it doesn't run on gas spray, then you have another issue.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 11:06 PM   #14
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Could be a valve timing issue.. I'd try starting fluid it's less likely to just flood the engine than gas.
Old 11-30-2022, 12:31 AM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Don’t worry about the oil light. It’s just a float and they can stick. Once you hit a few bumps it will go out. I’d just unplug the light personally, periodically check the oil level and you’ll be fine. This is one of the things they did when they updated to the G9 is delete that oil float.

If it’s still flooding there’s probably trash in the float needle (again). Take it off and clean it good. If you use a NEW piece of fuel line on the fuel inlet. 6” or so is plenty. After you clean it, and before you install the bowl Turn the carb upside down and blow into it as hard as you can. You should not be able to blow through it. Turn it right side up and it should blow freely. If you can blow into it at all when it’s upside down the needle is not seating.

If it’s just some trash in it, take out the gas tank. The outlet from the fuel tank is a big screw cap at the bottom. Drain the tank and remove that cap. The fuel filter is on the back side of that cap and it tends to disintegrate into a sloppy nasty mess. Gut it and take it out completely. Screw the cap back on and put it all back in the cart. I just use a regular in-line fuel filter in one of the fuel hoses. You’ll never have to worry about that mess in the tank again.

Also if you haven’t replace the fuel lines, now is a good time. They also tend to disintegrate over time and leave a slimy nasty mess that will stop the float needle from seating properly.

Let us know what you find
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 06:54 AM   #16
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Ethanol in the fuel can make the rubber lines break down. Seen it happen in my old corvette.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:32 PM   #17
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Starting fluid is meant to "start" an engine, not "run" an engine. Its a lot more volotile than gasoline and using too much can blow the head right off an aluminum engine.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 09:09 PM   #18
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Or blow a giant fireball out the carb if it backfires and bad things can happen after that. I stay away from starting fluid personally, try to never use the stuff. A little squirt down the spark plug hole does the same thing and a whole lot safer.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 10:34 PM   #19
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Starting fluid is meant to "start" an engine, not "run" an engine. Its a lot more volotile than gasoline and using too much can blow the head right off an aluminum engine.
I suggested it to see if the engine would run for the few seconds a quick spray would provide if used as intended.
Old 12-04-2022, 12:07 PM   #20
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Another view on starting fluid here. I have been using starting fluid for over 50 years and never had an incident. This is also true for all my gear head friends that use it. For even another view take a look a James Condon's youtube threads where he gets all kinds of different small engines running again. On a non runner his first line of testing is to use starting fluid to ascertain if fuel system or ignition system is the problem. He is through enough that several manufactures have him test their new offerings. Just my .02 cents on starting fluid.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha