lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2022, 01:49 PM   #21
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Looking at a 2007 Club Car DS

Most nice carts sell here before they are advertised.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2022, 08:47 PM   #22
JTCart
Not Yet Wild

Looks like this deal is on again. Turns out that the seller did have a personal family problem that didn't allow him to complete the purchase. We're now schedule to meet on Weds to complete our purchase. With any luck I'll be the new proud owner of a 2007 Club car DS. He did drop the price to $3800 for the inconvenience. :)
JTCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 12:53 PM   #23
JTCart
Not Yet Wild

Another deal goes sour. Received a phone call while we were heading down the road to pick up the cart. Buyer sold it to someone else. Turn back after an hour drive.
Old 11-23-2022, 01:51 PM   #24
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCart View Post
Another deal goes sour. Received a phone call while we were heading down the road to pick up the cart. Buyer sold it to someone else. Turn back after an hour drive.
Ouch.

Had that happen to me on a set of wheels and tires when I was 3 hours into a 5hr drive....
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 02:49 PM   #25
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I hate when that happens. Happened to me once a few years ago when I was halfway there to buy something. There’s nothing you can do either.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 04:47 PM   #26
JTCart
Not Yet Wild

OK, I'm looking at a different cart. It's a 2007 Club Car Precedent 48v electric. It's a little closer to me and he's dropped the price from $4200 to $3700. No back seat, but that can be added later.

One question... Really my most frequent question thus far... Can the Precedent be reprogrammed for higher torque? Seller says it can. Would it be needed to climb hills? Not sure of the characteristics of a Precedent. I'm comparing capabilities to the only cart I've driven, a 2014 EZGO 48V TXT and RXV.
Old 11-23-2022, 06:06 PM   #27
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

That sucks. That’s just low, sorry to hear that.

That precedent is basically the same exact cart as the DS you were looking at before, as far as the drive system (IQ) goes. Should be same exact motor and controller too if I’m not mistaken. It’s just with a different body and frame that’s a bit more updated/recent stylistically. Super comfy seats too IMO.

Anything said before that applies to the IQ DS for upgrades or performance applies just the same to that precedent.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 06:06 PM   #28
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I doubt you can program higher torque with stock controller. Higher speed, yes but not higher torque.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car