lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2022, 10:49 AM   #1
RedBaron1673
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 seat handles

Does anyone know if there's another cart model where the seat handles would fit the stock seat holes on a g1?

I haven't seen any replacements showing measurements, so I'm hoping someone may have already figured this out.
RedBaron1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2022, 10:23 AM   #2
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 seat handles

there were 2 styles of handles on the G1. 79-81 the handles where part of the seats. these can be found on later models as a now defunct parts company used to sell repops of these seats.

82 and later carts the handles (or hip restraints) where secured to the body. I know of no one making these aftermarket and they can be pricey when they come up for sale espically in good condition. I usually sand blast them and paint with rustoleum hammer paint as its pretty durable.

either post a wanted ad here or try the G1 G3 facebook page. they can be expensive to ship just due to thier odd shape/size
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 12:03 PM   #3
RedBaron1673
Not Yet Wild

I've got the '83 (J17) model. I noticed the originals are hard to find, and when found, expensive... I was hoping maybe some other newer model might have the same seat hole spacing so they could fit using the same seat bolts.
RedBaron1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 02:30 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

No alternatives that I know of. Find a good used set or make your own.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 02:39 PM   #5
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

I took the arm rests off an old office chair and reupholstered them to match the boat seats... its held up great for about 16 years now.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
j17, seat handle, yamaha g1
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha