lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2007, 06:40 AM   #21
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Anyone?
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2007, 06:55 AM   #22
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Hook the pedal cable directly to the carb. and see if it will rev. up after that. You could also be having a fuel/air mixture problem: check airbox (needs to be sealed) and the spacer between the carb. and intake (for cracks).
spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:32 PM   #23
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle
Hook the pedal cable directly to the carb. and see if it will rev. up after that. You could also be having a fuel/air mixture problem: check airbox (needs to be sealed) and the spacer between the carb. and intake (for cracks).
Thanks!
The engine will rev if I manually control the butterfly but the cable just doesn't seem to have enough travel. I know the carburetor needs a good cleaning and it needs a new plug, because it runs pretty roughly. I may just do a tune up on it and fix what needs to be fixed (everything except pretty much nothing. Oh the abuse carts see....).

Thanks again!
Old 05-29-2007, 05:42 PM   #24
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

I think you answered your own question there. I would forget adjusting the small cable and run the pedal cable directly to the carb. and then adjust that one.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:26 PM   #25
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

What does the end of the cable mount to to keep it stationary on the carburetor? That is bypassing the governor, and I don't know if this guy wants to do that or not. Oh well, I'll just not tell him. Well, he does race this thing, or WILL, so I don't think he'll be too brokenhearted.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:39 PM   #26
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

The cable coming off the pedal will mount just like the small cable coming off the governor.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:41 PM   #27
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I noticed that thing gets fished through some strange areas, will it do this with no mods? How about the muffler, will that be in the way? Hell, just give me a picture! :)
Old 05-29-2007, 06:47 PM   #28
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Just reroute it to the passenger side, up over the muffler, and around where the small cable was. Use some zip ties to keep it up off the muffler. And if you can, put some heat tape around it. The mufflers do get hot. If you can reroute it on the driver's side ok and out of the way of the belt, go for it.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:52 PM   #29
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Alrighty, will do! Seeing as how this cart can't even climb ANY hill now, this HAS to be an improvement.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #30
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

How much of a job is it to put rear shocks on a 1992 G9?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha