lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2015, 10:13 PM   #11
volley_wood
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G29 wont move

So you did replace your tow/run switch and the cart is still doing the same thing? I just bought an 09 and it is doing the same thing. It is new to me and it hasnt happened to me but did to my wife and my mother. Both times they were sitting still but fixing to move. Boom... No power.... play with tow/run switch until hear the click and back on the road.... i was hoping a switch replacement would fix this, but if you just did this and it is still doing it then ,,,,,,,,,,,, hmmmm..... Now what?
volley_wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2015, 10:26 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I really think that people resetting their tow/run switch, (and clearing whatever internal fault), causing their cart to run again is causing people to decide the switch must be bad. Not saying that the switches never go bad, they do occasionally.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:31 PM   #13
volley_wood
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Dont tell me its the controller.... im having very simmilar if not the same prob...
Old 09-06-2015, 10:34 PM   #14
cgtech

Yamaha

Number one cause of yamaha shutting down is battery problems. But please dont say "i just put new batteries in", when the batteries are low state of charge (just need charged), they act like bad batteries in the opinion of the controller.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:39 PM   #15
volley_wood
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

What if you dont have one of those z-2 testers? Any word back from moogamboo... i am curious about what he came up with if anything...
Old 09-06-2015, 10:40 PM   #16
volley_wood
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

My batteries are holding a charge.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:48 PM   #17
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My did it right off charger
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:38 PM   #18
cgtech

Yamaha

On the first page, (where i mentioned the Z-2), there is a "pinout" of the controller plug. Monitoring/testing those is your best option without the fancy tester..
Old 09-06-2015, 11:42 PM   #19
cgtech

Yamaha

I have seen some gas pedal on/off switches fail (but very few failed throttle position sensor).
Old 10-06-2015, 07:46 AM   #20
Moogambo
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for the late update but I just fixed the cart last night, CGtech is correct in saying it's a battery problem. Problem was the battery's were charged, but I must have let them get to low to begin with, so I charged each battery with a regular battery charger for 30 minutes then I reset the bank I guess you would say by removing the positive cable at the 1st battery. I kept metering the bank and each battery with a ohm meter, not realizing that the 1st battery starts on the passenger side. I have the correct 48 volts across the bank. Thanks everyone for the help
Moogambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha