lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2015, 08:53 PM   #1
bigdaddy33
Not Yet Wild

Default g16 problems

I have a Yamaha g16 it is my hunting buggy I rebuilt the motor on it a couple years ago and it ran good up until about 6 months ago and started having carb issues so I bought a car off of eBay. The new carb worked good until recently now to the current apparently on Friday night the needle stuck in the carb and filled the cylinder up with gas along with the crankcase when I tried to crank it it wouldn't turn over so I pulled the plug out and found it was full of gas so my question is what all do I need to do to fix this problem any help would be appreciated
bigdaddy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2015, 11:09 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: g16 problems

Try a new needle valve, about $18. The needle valve is the #1 problem in the carb besides crud from letting it sit for long times. I hope the oem part fits right in the china-copy carb. Oem part number J38-14150
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:41 PM   #3
bigdaddy33
Not Yet Wild

thanks i ordered a new carb from buggies unlimited since I have read a lot of bad things about the ones from ebay I figured it was probably the best route to go to not have more issues
Old 10-21-2015, 01:39 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

BU sells the "not genuine" china carbs, boo! Skip BU as well for "unique" parts (brake pads, typical "6000 series" bearings 'Not G1 rod', bulbs are ok- throttle sensors, carbs, coils, ect Not ok). The only yamaha genuine parts they sell are "marked up" and can be had cheaper from the dealer. If you see a yamaha part there significantly cheaper than "dealer price", you know its a "china knock-off".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:33 PM   #5
bigdaddy33
Not Yet Wild

I got my new carb from them today and it's the exact one on eBay for 25 bucks but they charged 142 so needless to say its shipping back in the morning
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha