lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2015, 01:54 AM   #21
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: need electrical troubleshooting tips on 2011 drive

Please let us know if that solved the problem. In my experience, the position sensor has been very very good. The pedal "start/stop" switch has been pretty bad.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2018, 04:02 PM   #22
primmative
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Please let us know if that solved the problem. In my experience, the position sensor has been very very good. The pedal "start/stop" switch has been pretty bad.
cgtech--just joined the forum b/c i purchased a 2011 G29 Yamaha 48v. this conversation gives me great places to look for trouble.

my specific problem: no problems on flat land at all. 100% perfect. when going up an incline though, all of a sudden the drive will stutter very briefly, regain power and continue up the hill. this will happen 5-6 times going up an incline. it's like the motor gets too stressed with the increased torque, stops for less than .5 a second and then starts back normally.

batteries all check out, so I'm a bit confused about where to start my diagnostic process. Would be very grateful for any advice.
primmative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:07 PM   #23
cgtech

Yamaha

What is the battery voltage dropping to when traveling up that hill? Hint, can carefully put meter probes in charge port to do this test.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:30 PM   #24
primmative
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
What is the battery voltage dropping to when traveling up that hill? Hint, can carefully put meter probes in charge port to do this test.
#1 thanks a ton for responding.
#2 after re-re-re reading this entirethread i tried something up the hill tonight.

If i only depress the accelerator 1/2 inch, i’m sailing up the hill. No stutter. Smooth acceleration, very decent speed. The stutter only occurs when I have the pedal to the floor. Trying the rolling test, I found that the speed sensor is not working. No alarm sound. No regenerative braking down the hill. This cart has a replaced motor that is 10 months old. I’m guessing that the speed sensor on the new motor doesn’t jive with the old controller. Also, when first accelerating, the **** thing takes off like a scalded dog.

All that said, I’m going to mess around with the pedals to see what that gets me. It seems that the amount the pedal needs to travel to reach maximum velocity is screwed up. Thinking that I need to somehow adjust the pedal travel.

Without taking too much of your time...any suggestions on how to adjust the accel/brake pedals travel?
Old 07-12-2018, 01:33 AM   #25
cgtech

Yamaha

Yeah, the gas pedal don't adjust. I think you need to get on that tach sensor.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:59 AM   #26
primmative
Not Yet Wild

Just making sure I’ve got this right...the tach sensor connects at the base of the gas pedal (bottom right). Correct?

In your experience would you suspect the tach sensor or the controller?

I have a multimeter, am wildly ignorant of its operation, but eager to try. Can I test the tach sensor? Based on your pic from earlier in the thread, I place one end of the multimeter on the tach sensor port in the controller and the other end where?
Old 07-12-2018, 09:17 AM   #27
cgtech

Yamaha

Whoa there, slow down..... The tach sensor is on the end of the motor, not the gas pedal. There is no adjustment of the throttle position sensor on the gas pedal. The port I referred to was the CHARGER port, to monitor voltage while driving up that hill. Read this again...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha