lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2016, 09:49 PM   #1
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Bought a g1 today

Bought this cart today from a guy that said it ran great when parked, but parked it 6 months ago. Looked it over, seems to be all there an complete minus a battery. But right off the bat it fought my attention that it is really hard to push that cart. I mean like it was in gear. And of corse I guess it's got to have a battery to switch from forward to reverse since that's in the key right .... But shouldn't it be in a neutral and easy to push? The club car I use to have I could push it around with one hand. It took two of us to get this thing pushed around
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2016, 10:06 PM   #2
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: Bought a g1 today

The G1 doesn't have neutral. It's either in forward or reverse. Though you should still be able to push it considering that it has a roller bearing on the primary clutch.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:31 PM   #3
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You should be able to push it. The brakes may be locked. Did you release the lock on the pedal? The brake drums may be frozen or just tight.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:33 PM   #4
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would had thought it would push easier. It does have a low tire but still shoulda pushed easier I would thought
Old 02-16-2016, 11:57 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Believe me...there hard to push with the belt on! They are alway's in gear.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:59 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Believe me...there hard to push with the belt on! They are alway's in gear.
I agree! A G1 sucks to push around. Once you read up & understand how a G1 works, you will get it. Certainly dont get discouraged because of that. Its not a problem just because its not like other gas carts you are used to.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 05:40 AM   #7
Field6565
Gone Wild

I would check and make sure the primary is completely disengaged. When pushing it, it could be turning the motor with it. I've had this happen and it was very difficult to push. If that's the case then clean and lube the clutch.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:20 AM   #8
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks all, yeah I bought this cart realy cheap, bought for girlfriend so her kids could ride around here at the lake with it, guy I bought it from said it ran great when parked it 6 months ago, just got it home last night, haven't even took it off the trailer yet, want to get it running first then cosmetic things like remake seats and build a back seat for it, paint job, one tire is dry rotten realy bad, and probably a nice after market set of hub caps, and maybe a radio.
So for starts I got to get s battery, then make sure I'm getting girl n fire n go from there, I'm thinking I'll probably have to pull carb n clean it as long as it's sat, but maybe not,
It's also got the oil injection on it, I will most likely take it off an just pre mix, so need to find ratio for that... I figure safe would be 50:1 but would like to know what is best
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (169.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-17-2016, 09:58 AM   #9
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_fly View Post
It's also got the oil injection on it, I will most likely take it off an just pre mix, so need to find ratio for that... I figure safe would be 50:1 but would like to know what is best
Factory oil injection runs between 150:1 to 300:1 depending on RPMs. Mix it at 100:1 and you will be good to go. 50:1 is way to much oil.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:42 PM   #10
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

You could probably just take the drive belt off and push it around a lot easier.

If only you were closer cause I'd give you a whole set of good stock tires and wheels. They're piling up at my house. I think I have 8 of em now and it's hard to give them away. Nobody wants em.
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha