lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2016, 10:26 PM   #1
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default G1 premix after rebuild

fresh rebuild new bearings seals bored out cylinder the works basically already running premix at 100:1 (completely deleted oil injection) should i mix it a little thicker for the first tank after the rebuild?
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2016, 02:14 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 premix after rebuild

Just a little, like 80:1. A fouled plug is cheaper than another rebuild. I always mix oil in the first tank after a G1 rebuild, even with a working oil injection system, any bubbles in the oil lines will take quite a while to pass through. Read up to learn the purge process. Or, disable the oil injection system and start mixing all tanks of fuel now (no better way to insure oil is present).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:46 AM   #3
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I'll mix it at 80:1 thanks I deleted the oil injection all together
Old 02-17-2016, 10:46 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I would probably scale back the oil ratio after the first tank to 100:1. I may be over-oiling in the first tank, but too much oil is better than too little. If i foul a spark plug, thats a cheap problem to have.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:26 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Remember, the more oil in the mix, the less fuel there is to burn. The factory oiler mixes at 150:1 according to the manual. I ran 80:1 after my rebuild and it did well. I also scaled back to 100:1 and it ran much better with no smoke. Your oil quality is also important. Make sure you use a synthetic blend made for air cooled 2 cycle engines, there are different kinds. I used Echo brand from Home Depot and it was excellent. I have tried the fancy one mix ratio stuff and also tried some really expensive synthetic stuff....no good. Echo was excellent.

Slo
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:32 AM   #6
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I agree oil leans it out always ran premix plus oil injection on new/rebuilt sleds so figured a little thicker premix for first tank after this rebuild would be necessary I plan on running 80:1 first tank and checking spark plug color after a couple long pulls then going back to the 100:1 after the first tank
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha