lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2019, 12:24 AM   #11
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Fe 350 additional alternator

You should be able to switch gears just fine with the engine running.

The drive clutch is dragging the belt and preventing it from being able to shift.
Either the clutch is sticking partly closed, center bearing is locked up, or the engine is idling too fast.

Shifter limit switches are just what you said, Reverse buzzer and neutral kill. Not really necessary IMO. One of them you have to bypass to keep the relay energized so it will stay running, if the wires are just loose you’ll get no spark (I don’t remember which wires off hand), but you don’t need the switches unless you want them for some reason.

Fuel pump, as long as it delivers fuel and doesn’t leak, it’s probably fine. Make sure the pulse hose doesn’t dip below the level of the pulse port on the engine. If it hangs lower than the port oil can collect in the hose and block the air pulse which drives the pump diaphragm.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2019, 07:24 AM   #12
branson
Not here yet

E-Z-GO

Cool thanks fairtax
No shifter switches for me
Looks like I need to replace fuel lines so I will take care of the gigantic dip in the pulse line then. It hangs so low I'm supprised it hasn't caught the ground.
I'm guessing this is what a seized idler bearing links like?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190228_061403.jpg (137.6 KB, 0 views)
branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:41 AM   #13
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Possibly. Only way to know for sure is to remove the belt and reach in there and try to spin it. I have seen a couple that looked rough but they still spun smoothly. Also had one that looked rough but the bearings in it were destroyed so it wobbled around and rattled like marbles in a can. That one sucked to replace too. Had to heat the inner bearing race to get it to slide off.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:19 PM   #14
mak61
Not Yet Wild

Red face Re: Fe 350 additional alternator

Well, I thought I'd chime in on the extra generator set up as I also have one. This is the second one I have owned. It was originally a military cart. The first one was a municipality owned vehicle. I took the extra gen off as the cart didn't have the "factory" exhaust and the spare 350 muffler I had wouldn't fit around the generator. My cart is a 01' Carryall 6 key start with 2 relays instead of one. The second relay is part if the gen setup. I took some pics of the relay box and wiring before removal that may/ may not be helpful to branson. I have many more pics if needed. - Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190112_113727.jpg (230.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190112_113745.jpg (219.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190112_113803.jpg (217.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190105_235720.jpg (256.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190109_124841.jpg (159.6 KB, 0 views)
mak61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:42 PM   #15
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Cool, thanks for posting!

I imagine the second relay must have something to do with the voltage regulator for the alternator.

They sure did manage to shoe-horn a lot of stuff into that electrical box didn’t they.
Old 05-04-2019, 04:38 PM   #16
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Dang there's more wire in that box then my whole cart WOW
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car