lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
sickcraft
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default How I love thee, please state your way

I just came back from a successful weekend and felt I had to state how I love my Club Car. I hope others will state their reasons fo the their love for their cart.

I bought a 95 Club Car back in 2001 and have used it extensively to get to and from the lake. I put lights on it and a fold down seat on the back. It has taken a licking and keeps on ticking. I rarely changed the oil, okay almost never (finally last year). Winterizing entailed parking it in the pole barn and it would normally start right back up the next season. It goes through very little gas. While my neighbors would come down on the quadrunners and scoff my standard golf cart, they would have me haul coolers and rafts up and down for them.

This spring I brought it home and actually gave it a little TLC: heavy spring in driven clutch, add a leaf rear spring supports, lift kit, new 20" tires, rear lights, custom stereo case, custom rear hitch, brush guard, paint job,and stripes. The works.

The hitch was made from a 1-1/4" to 2" receiver adapter from Harbor Freight (love that place) and some metal banding. The stereo case (shown in the picture taken from the back of the cart) is a front cowl that is flipped over, cut and then bent with a heat gun. The speakers are where the headlights would be. The rear lights were LED lights found on eBay and molded into the roof. These are for working behind the cart at night.

Leading up to this weekend, I have been suffereing with my cart having a carburetor problem, like sitting with a sick kid with a cold. I had the carb home and worked on it one last time and low and behold, putting it on this weekend it finally worked!

The real test I have been agonizing about was whether it would be able to pull my wave runner out of the water and back up the hill on a rough trail. I had done some testing with the trailor I brought the cart back down to the lake but had no way of know it would do on the rough shore and trail. This weekend was the test. With the wave runner loaded, the cart pulled it out of the water on the rocky shore with no problem. Going up the shore it started to bog down. I angled it on shore and let my daughter take over. With my fat a$$ off, it was able to continue on up the hill. I ran behind it (sucking air the whole way) and pushed when it slowed down. IT MADE IT!

My neighbors were amazed that a little 9 HP engine could pull this up the hill. This thing is amazing!

I LOVE MY CART!

Let's hear your story.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sIMG_2629.JPG (45.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg sIMG_2681.jpg (82.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg sIMG_2684.jpg (42.4 KB, 35 views)
sickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: How I love thee, please state your way

Sounds like you are hooked!! Nice cart you have there.

I love mine cause it's a Yamaha!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

I hope everyone is wearing protection.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #4
hotmomma
Wildly Wicked!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
I hope everyone is wearing protection.
CAN'T HELP IT!!!
hotmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

i like my Yamaha but its like my cigar.i put it down for awhile.lol
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:42 PM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Yeah, I love my cart... but, I'd get rid of her "in a heartbeat" for a better one!
(kinda like my ex.... nevermind...)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
sickcraft
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Only thing better would be MORE POWER!
sickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #8
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: How I love thee, please state your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Yeah, I love my cart... but, I'd get rid of her "in a heartbeat" for a better one!
(kinda like my ex.... nevermind...)
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, gas, lift kit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car