lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #21
yelilly
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: G2 Driving me crazy

Thank you
yelilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2009, 12:23 AM   #22
yelilly
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Well here is the update on this cart.I Replaced the starter, it did a little better, traced some more wires, fixed the ground from the VR it was burnt in two and there was no fuse left in the the line so I replaced that. I was scared to try the ground trick again after what happened before. I took the carb off and cleaned it again, checked the fuel pump, adjusted the valves. Whoever had this cart before must have never changed the oil, there is black build up all over the valves rockers and every thing else, it still wont run right. I have to hook the charger up because the batt is getting weak from all the cranking. I am about to give up and call the guy to come and get it, then I hooked the ground clamp from the charger up to the the frame because it is in my way. I try do start it again it starts and runs smooth as silk. I unhook the ground clamp put it back on neg side of batt spitting and sputtering again. I try running a grnd. wire from the frame to the engine no help, take it off run a grnd from the neg. side of batt to the frame, works great. So it is running good now they are picking it up today. This is by far the most aggravating cart I have ever worked on, but I learned a ton off it. I would like to say Thanks to everyone for their ideas I would never have gotten it without you guys.
Thanks Earl
Old 10-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #23
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

the engine is pretty well isolated from the frame through the engine mounts,so that is why hooking the ground up to the engine didn't help,

glad to see you figgered it out, and best of all, you learned something
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #24
yelilly
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Boy did I ever. I found that out the hard way
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha