lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2010, 11:13 PM   #1
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default wants to keep going

what all do i need to adjust it wants to keep on going after the gas pedal is lifted? it was brought to my attention when i bought it. i will put in forward and go and then let off gas it is suppose to quit running and stop. well it will keep going until you pull up on the gas pedal and it may or may not stop. i found out today that reverse is worse yet. today i had the brakes all the way in and it was still trying to go. i even tried to put a spring underneath to pull it back. i didnt know if it were the micro switches of the forward and reverse. there has to be a switch somewhere that will tell the cart the gas pedal is lifted also right? any help would be awesome thank
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2010, 05:27 AM   #2
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: wants to keep going

When I was trying to get more speed by messing with the governor one method of zip tieing the governor arm so it won't engage caused the motor to do this. Stay running and cause me to have to press the brake pedal hard to stop the cart from moving. Hated it so I cut the zip ties. Maybe someone tried to do that. Check the governor arm on the trans axel and see if there are any zip ties or rubber bands. If so, cut and remove them.
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:58 AM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I'm assuming it's a 96 DS.
There is a black box under the seat on the drivers side, it has one screw in the top of it. that's where the two micro switches are located.
The top micro is for the run solenoid and the bottom one is for the grounding of "kill" circuit for the ignition.
there is a plastic cam in the box that pulls the throttle cable as well as activate the micros.
There is a rod that runs from the pedal to the black box that turns the cam.
First, check the rod to make sure not bent, if Ok, you need to check the micros to see if they are loose or just need to be adjusted.
Sorry to be so long but It helps to know why and how things work instead of just saying "Your run micro is out of adjustment"
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
I'm assuming it's a 96 DS.
There is a black box under the seat on the drivers side, it has one screw in the top of it. that's where the two micro switches are located.
The top micro is for the run solenoid and the bottom one is for the grounding of "kill" circuit for the ignition.
there is a plastic cam in the box that pulls the throttle cable as well as activate the micros.
There is a rod that runs from the pedal to the black box that turns the cam.
First, check the rod to make sure not bent, if Ok, you need to check the micros to see if they are loose or just need to be adjusted.
Sorry to be so long but It helps to know why and how things work instead of just saying "Your run micro is out of adjustment"
Yep... What he said.... Also, check the kill wire running down the passenger side of the engine... If it comes unplugged from the RPM limiter it'll do the same thing.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car