lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #61
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: Wiring The Cart To Stay Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas001 View Post
You know you answered your own question.
The G1 2 stroke does run backwards for reverse but the key switch controls the direction. So, with a different clutch that has a spring you could idle this cart. Key postions are clockwise for forward, straight up for off, and counter clockwise for reverse. With the off position in between fwd and rev. it makes it possible with a different clutch.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #62
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
The G1 2 stroke does run backwards for reverse but the key switch controls the direction. So, with a different clutch that has a spring you could idle this cart. Key postions are clockwise for forward, straight up for off, and counter clockwise for reverse. With the off position in between fwd and rev. it makes it possible with a different clutch.
But doesn't that mean that you can idle the engine in the off position but then you have to stop the idle (shut off) to go forward or backward? Maybe going forward will be okay if the motor is running in the same direction as when idling but if you want to go the opposite direction you have to let the engine stop completely and start again in that direction. How would you be able to be sure which direction the motor is turning when in the off idle position?
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #63
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas001 View Post
But doesn't that mean that you can idle the engine in the off position but then you have to stop the idle (shut off) to go forward or backward? Maybe going forward will be okay if the motor is running in the same direction as when idling but if you want to go the opposite direction you have to let the engine stop completely and start again in that direction. How would you be able to be sure which direction the motor is turning when in the off idle position?
Off on the key switch remains off so no, you would not be able to idle in off.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #64
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Great info in this thread. It deserves a bump.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #65
mrgreenheads
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all this THREAD has to offer ... I just got an 87 Marothon and the guy told me that it would not run unless I flipped this switch under the key and I could not grasp why this was until reading this thread now I know why

However my cart will not run at all unless the FnR switch is engaged

Can someone here tell me what is wired incorrectly so I can get it to idle and warm up like yall are talking about

The switch has a red and black wire both running to the Solenoid but nothing to the starter/gen
mrgreenheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO