lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
dusted800
Not Yet Wild

Default clutch to clutch distance

I have sent my driven clutch out to have it machined and I am rebuilding the drive clutch while it is gone. When I get ready to put it back together I want to check the distance between the two to be sure it is right. I have done a search and have found that many people have asked the same question but have not found that the question has ever been answered. Does anyone have a repair manual and can give me some measuements? The cart is a 94CC DS,gas. thanx. wnk.
dusted800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: clutch to clutch distance

The manual only tells you to use a "clutch aligning tool" with no particular measurements,
I bought one from my CC dealer 4 years ago, and it's been collecting dust ever since!
come to find out... my 07 unitized transaxle mounts directly to the engine! (it's not adjustable, so I really didn't need it! )

Anyways...
Center to center of the trans shaft and the crank shaft should be 9 5/8", (measured from my aligning tool)
but with your 94, you have to make sure that your engine is not "cockeyed" or too far side to side, in order for the belt to ride on the drive clutch properly!

I'd suggest calling Cart Parts Plus, or some of BGW's other fine sponsors and see if they have a "clutch aligning tool", or if they can get one for you!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
dusted800
Not Yet Wild

thanx lockman, just what I was lookng for. mine measures 9 3/4, so I guess I need some adjusting!!
dusted800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I wouldn't worry too much about the 1/8"... the biggest thing is the straightness of the engine!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car